Bacon of Hope

The Cleric power Beacon of Hope states that you get +5 to your healing powers for the duration of the encounter, but it doesn't quite say Keyword: healing, in the description. So I was wondering how this works exactly? Would it work with a power such as, Astral Seal? Or does there have to be an actual die roll involved in the healing?

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
PS: I think your intuition about "your healing powers" = "your powers with the Healing keyword" is correct, and therefore it would work with Astral Seal.

Cheers, -- N

Blackbrrd

First Post
I want bacon as well.

Bacon of hope indeed. ;)

I am with Nifft here, but I think the healing power mentioned is overpowered, especially at low levels. It's banned in my campaign until further notice.

Mephistopheles

First Post
In 4E, as far as I'm aware, the terms "healing powers" and "powers with the healing keyword" mean the same thing; I don't recall seeing a power that restores hit points that doesn't have the healing keyword.

Apply the bonus each time you restore hit points with a power. It's a potent daily power at low levels, but it doesn't scale - although the addition of two level 1 at-will healing powers in Divine Power certainly added some more kick to an already powerful daily.

Last edited:

MrMyth

First Post
Best typo ever.

As for the actual question, Beacon of Hope is worded so loosely that I'm pretty certain it applies to Astral Seal, and anything that provides healing in any fashion to any target.

Yeah, when I first made the typo-title, I instantly started smelling bacon, and instantly, started hoping.

As far as the power; it does seem a bit strong, but, someone mentioned that it didn't scale well.

Last edited:

Remove ads