Spoilers Bad Batch: Final Season *SPOILERS*

pukunui

Legend
She could almost buy her own ship with that.
Maybe not. I mean, it cost her 10,000 credits for a fine and 5,000 credits for a bit of information? Yeah, sure, both of those people were extorting her, but still ... I'd expect even one of the cheaper ships to cost in the millions of credits at that rate.

Must be some serious inflation going on in the Empire. Like South African Rand, Russian Ruble, or maybe even Japanese Yen levels. (I thought the ruble would be worse off than the yen, but not according to Google. The ruble is at 0.018 of a US dollar, while the yen is at 0.011. The rand is at 0.086.)

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Maybe not. I mean, it cost her 10,000 credits for a fine and 5,000 credits for a bit of information? Yeah, sure, both of those people were extorting her, but still ... I'd expect even one of the cheaper ships to cost in the millions of credits at that rate.

Must be some serious inflation going on in the Empire. Like South African Rand, Russian Ruble, or maybe even Japanese Yen levels. (I thought the ruble would be worse off than the yen, but not according to Google. The ruble is at 0.018 of a US dollar, while the yen is at 0.011. The rand is at 0.086.)
Well, someone has to pay for five years of civil war, and it isn't as if there is a losing nation to demand war reparations from. Also there's this expensive expansion of the army and more than a few secret projects ongoing. Of course someone is printing money like crazy.

Zardnaar

Legend
Caught up and this show is great. Amazing job of making all clones feel unique. For me it’s the best of all new content and filoni and assuming staff have done a great job with going back to locations and using obscure ships etc

Disney gets a lot of flak online but animated has been very very good.

Its just really the ST and BoBF they've outright dropped the ball on imho.

MarkB

Legend
The series continues to illustrate how truly screwed-up the whole clone-army concept was in ethical terms. Omega, the apparent plucky young kid in a squad of veterans, at one point highlights that she's actually older than the force-grown clones of the Bad Batch, calling Crosshair "little brother". Which is just a reminder that, for all the clones' looks, training and attitude, the Republic and the Jedi were essentially using children as cannon-fodder in their war.

That, and they're definitely not built to last. The grizzled older clones seen in Rebels are actually only a handful of years older than Luke Skywalker.

pukunui

Legend
The series continues to illustrate how truly screwed-up the whole clone-army concept was in ethical terms. Omega, the apparent plucky young kid in a squad of veterans, at one point highlights that she's actually older than the force-grown clones of the Bad Batch, calling Crosshair "little brother". Which is just a reminder that, for all the clones' looks, training and attitude, the Republic and the Jedi were essentially using children as cannon-fodder in their war.

That, and they're definitely not built to last. The grizzled older clones seen in Rebels are actually only a handful of years older than Luke Skywalker.
Agreed. I think one of this show's strengths has been to shine a light on the ethics of the clone army.

While I have my quibbles with Ahsoka, I think her flashbacks and conversations with Anakin while in the World Between Worlds did a good job conveying how Ahsoka was a child soldier as well.

Yes, we know the Clone soldiers were engineered to have accelerated aging, probably so they could not try and go down the road of just what they are trying in this season. It also means Omega must have the reverse, if she does not seem to be aging at all, or just very, very slowly. If she survives all this, we could easily see a normal age-looking version of her even post-sequel trilogy. I wonder if there is any chance she will end up in the new Rey movie?

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Yes, we know the Clone soldiers were engineered to have accelerated aging, probably so they could not try and do down the road just what they are trying in this season. It also means Omega must have the reverse, if she does not seem to be aging at all, or just very, very slowly. IF she survives all this and, we could easily see a normal age-looking version of her even post- sequel trilogy. I wonder if there is any chance she will end up in the new Rey movie?
Here's how I see it:

Thanks to The Mandalorian, we know that Dr Hemlock did not succeed in using Omega as an M count donor for Project Necromancer because the Imperial Remnants were seeking to use Grogu for that same purpose as of the New Republic era.

This means that Omega either dies or she goes into hiding (perhaps on Tanalorr), with the Empire believing her to be dead through the New Republic era.

Personally, I suspect that Omega is not a Fett clone. For one thing, she doesn't look anything like one -- unlike her 'sister', Emerie. She doesn't even look like Sifo-Dyas.

It's also weird that she's older than the 'adult' clones since her name implies that she was the last one rather than one of the first. Hopefully the truth of who she is will come out this season.

It's also weird that she's older than the 'adult' clones since her name implies that she was the last one rather than one of the first. Hopefully the truth of who she is will come out this season.
She was developed, like Alpha (Boba) as a genetic copy of Jango (and I believe grows at a normal rate like him). However she is supposed to enhanced too. I am not sure of the exact timeline of her development, but perhaps her name could be referring to the prototypes of the clones? Once the Kamonians perfected the process they might have then gone on to grow them?

It was stated in the show that Omega was working in the lab with Nala Se and was there to see the creation of Clone Force 99, so she is indeed older than them.

Remove ads