Spoilers Bad Batch: Final Season *SPOILERS*

One possibility that occurred to me was a tie-in to one of the early Rebels episodes, Rise of the Old Masters. In that one, the Empire has been keeping Jedi Master Luminara Unduli's corpse preserved as bait so that her residual presence can draw in Jedi. Perhaps the original reason for her preservation - and probably that of other Jedi killed during Order 66 - was to use their tissue in support of Project Necromancer.
There are a whole bunch of pickled Jedi in the Fallen Order video game, also glimpsed in the Kenobi show.

I don’t think she is. So far as I can tell the experiment was to add midichorians to the clone blood samples - most of the clones rejected them. The point is to find a way to create a clone that does not reject midichlorians.

Of course Ahsoka suggested the Jedi had it wrong all along, and a high M count isn’t needed.
The whole midichlorians creating Anakin was something I could not subscribe to, but it's in canon for now. I did not like their introduction at all, and although it technically did not go against what Yoda said in TESB, it seemed to go against its spirit.

Though you don't need the high m count to possess the Force, apparently without it, it is harder to wield it. Palpatine did not want to go through all that and wanted an easy transfer it seems.

pukunui

Legend
Seeing as how Omega's voice actor is from New Zealand, so it is her accent and not an Assie one, that is kind of insulting to say.
Yeah Michelle Ang was born in Christchurch, New Zealand and went to school in NZ.
I’ve lived in NZ for 20 years now. To the untrained ear, the differences between an Aussie and a Kiwi accent are generally too subtle to hear.

While Michelle is indeed from NZ, she is not speaking in her normal voice as Omega. Although Wikipedia says she was invited to keep her NZ accent, it sounds to me more like she has been putting on an Aussie twang to sound more like Dee Bradley Baker, who also ended up making the clones sound more Australian than Kiwi.

Here’s an example of Michelle’s normal voice:

If you know what to listen for, you can hear the difference between her normal voice and her Omega voice.

@Zardnaar can back me up. He’s even from the South Island like Michelle!

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I’ve lived in NZ for 20 years now. To the untrained ear, the differences between an Aussie and a Kiwi accent are generally tok subtle.

While Michelle is indeed from NZ, she is not speaking in her normal voice as Omega. Although Wikipedia says she was invited to keep her NZ accent, it sounds to me more like she has been putting on an Aussie twang to sound more like Dee Bradley Baker, who also ended up making the clones sound more Australian than Kiwi.

Here’s an example of Michelle’s normal voice:

If you know what to listen for, you can hear the difference between her normal voice and her Omega voice.

@Zardnaar can back me up. He’s even from the South Island like Michelle!

She doesn't quite sound kiwi.

One advantage to living here us we can generally tell the difference between the English accents because we got raised on Australian/USA/UK TV shows and the occasional Canadian production.

USA probably doesn't watch to many Australian or Kiwi shows.

NZs mostly lost the regional accents. Stereotypically Southland but even that's gone relative to old footage from the 70s.

I assume Michelle Ang also voiced the adult female clone. I couldn’t tell you what accent she had though, all I know is they ain’t Lancashire.

pukunui

Legend
She doesn't quite sound kiwi.
I’ll admit it’s become less pronounced as the series has gone on. If you go back and watch those early episodes, it’s more noticeable. “Omeeega” and all that.

One advantage to living here is we can generally tell the difference between the English accents because we got raised on Australian/USA/UK TV shows and the occasional Canadian production.

USA probably doesn't watch to many Australian or Kiwi shows.
Why can’t Hollywood do a Kiwi accent?

Aussies draw out their vowels (“feesh n cheeps”) while Kiwis clip them (“f’sh n ch’ps”).

NZs mostly lost the regional accents. Stereotypically Southland but even that's gone relative to old footage from the 70s.
Yeah, I remember when I first moved here being told that Southlanders pronounced their Rs due to the Scottish influence but I’ve never heard it myself.

The only real different ‘accent’ in NZ is the “cuzzy bro” one that a lot of the youngsters like to use. This one:

I assume Michelle Ang also voiced the adult female clone. I couldn’t tell you what accent she had though, all I know is they ain’t Lancashire.
No, that was Keisha Castle-Hughes, who does speak in her normal Kiwi accent as Emerie. (Ninja’d!)

Remove ads