Spoilers Bad Batch: Final Season *SPOILERS*

Clone Troopers real names are CT-[number]. Whilst they give themselves nicknames, Imperials don’t use them. And MRE-KR is living with imperials.

It’s no coincidence that clone troopers are named in a similar way to droids.

Or they are disguising her code by using them as initials of her name, like we do, so she could be EK-???????

Or they could be throwing us off even more by spelling her last name with a K and not a C, since EC could stand for Experimental Clone.

pukunui

Legend
It’s no coincidence that clone troopers are named in a similar way to droids.
I wouldn’t say it’s all that similar. Clones have a designation. CT = clone trooper. CC = clone commander. ARC = Army of the Republic commando. And so on.

Droids just seem to be given a random assortment of numbers and letters with a randomly placed hyphen. Sometimes the letters and numbers are arranged in a punny way.

I wouldn’t say it’s all that similar. Clones have a designation. CT = clone trooper. CC = clone commander. ARC = Army of the Republic commando. And so on.

Droids just seem to be given a random assortment of numbers and letters with a randomly placed hyphen. Sometimes the letters and numbers are arranged in a punny way.

Clones and Droids are both treated as lesser than and not given the same rights that all other sentient life has, so having just a code for a name fits.

pukunui

Legend
Clones and Droids are both treated as lesser than and not given the same rights that all other sentient life has, so having just a code for a name fits.
Yes, there is that similarity.

On the topic of whether Omega is a Fett clone or not - I hope that Rex's direction to Hunter at the end of the latest episode to find out why Omega is so important to the Empire will lead us, the audience, to learn the truth of who/what she is (aside from being a genetically created being with a high-enough M count to be Force sensitive).

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend

Not entirely. R2D2 is often referred to as "an R2 unit", and other astromech droids follow the same naming scheme, such as R5 in The Mandalorian. Likewise, BB8 is a custom BB unit.

pukunui

Legend
Not entirely. R2D2 is often referred to as "an R2 unit", and other astromech droids follow the same naming scheme, such as R5 in The Mandalorian. Likewise, BB8 is a custom BB unit.
I know. I was being somewhat hyperbolic. My point was just that droid designations don't necessarily translate into English the way the clone trooper codes do. Droids tend to either have seemingly meaningless alphanumeric designations (R2-D2, K-2SO, 4-LOM, C1-10P) or joke names (HK-47, L3-37, DUM, GNK).

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
I love this series SO much and I'm gonna miss it a lot when it's finally over. At least we'll get to re-watch it to our hearts' content once it does!

I love Omega and the rest of the clones. They are one of the greater things about the Star Wars animated universe (the other one being an Anakin that's actually heroic and lovable, not like the awful Christensen interpretation), and it feels like The Bad Batch will be our last story with them front and center 😢

I've been loving reading your positive reactions and theories. Keep them coming! ☺

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
(the other one being an Anakin that's actually heroic and lovable, not like the awful Christensen interpretation)
Personally I’d be more inclined to label it the Lucas interpretation. I think Hayden doesn’t deserve all the crap he gets, as his recent appearances in Obi-Wan and Ahsoka prove.

Remove ads