• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Baldur's Gate 3 will allow us to explore the whole city of Baldur's Gate Seamlessly

pukunui

Legend
The SCAG straight up says Baldur's Gate is biggest city,by population I think.
I can't see anything in the SCAG indicating that Baldur's Gate is larger than Waterdeep.

The SCAG describes Baldur's Gate as a "bustling city" with a population in the "tens of thousands". Waterdeep, conversely, is described as "the pinnacle of what a great city might be, in wealth, influence, and stability" for all of Faerûn.

Last edited:

I don't want to imagine the work when they have to create the city of Sigil in a future Planescape: Torment 2. Other city to be created for a videogame should be the famous Greyhawk, but this would be "small" for players used to urban sandbox as GTA or Cyberpunk 2077.

The cartoon video worked very well as "pilot episode" for a future D&D animated comedy for adults. I advice Planescape/Sigil because this could allow adding weirdest elements, even for D&D standars.

I don't want to imagine the work when they have to create the city of Sigil in a future Planescape: Torment 2.
I'm concerned that in modern games size and detail substitute for actually being interesting and enjoyable. Compare Cyberpunk 2077 with Planescape: Torment. One includes a whole, massively detailed city, the other includes a couple of streets of a massive city. One is dull and repetitive, the other is gripping from start to finish.

Remove ads