• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Baldur's Gate 3 will allow us to explore the whole city of Baldur's Gate Seamlessly

MarkB

Legend
I'm concerned that in modern games size and detail substitute for actually being interesting and enjoyable. Compare Cyberpunk 2077 with Planescape: Torment. One includes a whole, massively detailed city, the other includes a couple of streets of a massive city. One is dull and repetitive, the other is gripping from start to finish.
Mileage may vary.

Same same. Last time I played a video game was Witcher 3 in 2008, so it's been a while. Looking forward to BG3.
Witcher 3 came out in 2015. Maybe you meant a different game, or maybe a different year. Either way, I get it. The last CRPG that really, truly blew me away was Skyrim. Or maybe Dragon Age. Mass Effect? It's been a while. We're due for a generational release.

I can't see anything in the SCAG indicating that Baldur's Gate is larger than Waterdeep.

The SCAG describes Baldur's Gate as a "bustling city" with a population in the "tens of thousands". Waterdeep, conversely, is described as "the pinnacle of what a great city might be, in wealth, influence, and stability" for all of Faerûn.

Maybe it was said in 4e.

Quickleaf

Legend
Witcher 3 came out in 2015. Maybe you meant a different game, or maybe a different year. Either way, I get it. The last CRPG that really, truly blew me away was Skyrim. Or maybe Dragon Age. Mass Effect? It's been a while. We're due for a generational release.
Ah yes, thanks, I confused with the first Witcher. OK, yeah then it must have been 2015 when I played Witcher 3, so it hasn't been as long as I thought! That was an incredible game!

MarkB

Legend
The release date is a bit unfortunate, just a week before Starfield. I know which one I'll be diving deep into on release.

I really hope the early access has been a poor reflection of the finished product. BG 1 and 2 are timeless classics.
The early access is incredibly impressive. No need to crap on new things just because you like old things! BG1/BG2 is in my list of all time favourites. As well as Ultima 7/7 Part 2! The antiquities can be appreciated alongside the newly introduced...

Scribe

Legend
The early access is incredibly impressive. No need to crap on new things just because you like old things! BG1/BG2 is in my list of all time favourites. As well as Ultima 7/7 Part 2! The antiquities can be appreciated alongside the newly introduced...
It really wasn't fantastic at all. Granted I gave up on it before Bards came out.

I'll give it a shot but did they fix basics like time, movement, rests yet?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, this ga.e looks super sweet, dunno whe I'll have a machine that can play it, lol. The cloud gaming future might arrive first.

Remove ads