Bane weapon = +7???

Croaker

First Post
Here's an interesting query: If a weapon has both the Bane and the Defending properties, can the wielder sink the extra +2 enhancement bonus into AC when facing the appropriate creatures?

Another: would the bonuses and extra damage dice from a Bane bow stack with those from a Bane arrow? A potential +14 total enhancement bonus and +4d6 damage there...

kreynolds

First Post
If the enhancement on a bow and arrow are the same, such as shocking burst or bane, they do not stack. Bows automatically confer many enhancements upon their ammunition. As everyone knows, 2 applications of the same enhancement do not stack.

Croaker

First Post
As I recall, the enhancement bonuses on bows and arrows DO stack, as a special exception, much like armor and shields. Even if the extra dice don't add up (and I'm not sure they wouldn't, since the example you cited with energized bows shouldn't really apply, as they grant the energy damage to the ammunition, whereas the Bane property doesn't mention anything along those lines) I am pretty sure that the enhancement bonuses should apply to both. Otherwise you are making the assumption that the bow is bestowing the enhancemen bonus to the arrow, rather than to itself.

kreynolds

First Post
Croaker said:
As I recall, the enhancement bonuses on bows and arrows DO stack, as a special exception, much like armor and shields. Even if the extra dice don't add up (and I'm not sure they wouldn't, since the example you cited with energized bows shouldn't really apply, as they grant the energy damage to the ammunition, whereas the Bane property doesn't mention anything along those lines) I am pretty sure that the enhancement bonuses should apply to both. Otherwise you are making the assumption that the bow is bestowing the enhancemen bonus to the arrow, rather than to itself.

OK. Dude? If the bow didn't bestow the enhancement bonus to the arrow, you would only get the bonus when you actually hit someone across the face with the bow itself! And as far as I know, 2, 3, or even 253 flaming burst enhancements don't stack.

Yes, I know...I used the word "dude". :eek: How lame am I? ;)

Remove ads