• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Base class divine caster with full base attack bonus?

rgard

Adventurer
Slaved said:
Does such a thing exist in 3.5?

Best you could do maybe is to roll up a character that qualifies for Ur-Priest. You get a 9th level divine spell at the 10th level of the PRC, but don't get as many spells as a Cleric. I think 6th level is the earliest you can qualify for Ur-Priest. That accounts for 15 of 20 levels. Then take a class with full BAB for the remaining 5 levels...probably Duskblade.

You could do Duskblade to qualify for Ur-Priest, but would need to take the Skill Knowledge feat (UA page 81, using the special where you select one cross class skill as a class skill) to have bluff as class skill. Duskblade has a full BAB and meets the base save requirements. There are other pre-req skills and feats, but they should all fit within the first 5 levels of Duskblade.

That's the closest I think you could do to get a higher BAB with access to all the base cleric spells. You should have at 20th level:

Duskblade 10/Ur-Priest 10 with...

1. Ability to cast levels 0 to 9 divine spells (though less spells than a cleric)
2. Ability to cast Duskblade spells (6 x 0, 8 x 1st, 7 x 2nd, 3 x 3rd)
3. BAB = +17/+12/+7/+2
4. Caster level 15 for your divine spells
5. There is synergy too with the Duskblade's Arcane Channeling. You can cast any Touch spell you know through your weapon. This isn't limited to Duskblade spells. They FAQ'd this.

Thanks,
Rich

Darklone

Rainbow servant with text trumps table: Full wizard and cleric spellcasting. No good BAB though. ;)

If you don't like the paladin class, have a look at the UA prestige paladin, he's closer to cleric spellcasting.

Slaved

First Post
I forgot to exclude paladin and ranger! I am trying to find a way to enter either of their respective prestige classes earlier than level 7 from something like straight cleric or straight druid.

Jack Simth

First Post
rgard said:
Best you could do maybe is to roll up a character that qualifies for Ur-Priest. You get a 9th level divine spell at the 10th level of the PRC, but don't get as many spells as a Cleric. I think 6th level is the earliest you can qualify for Ur-Priest. That accounts for 15 of 20 levels. Then take a class with full BAB for the remaining 5 levels...probably Duskblade.
You can qualify at 5th to take the first level at 6th. The core-class lead in is probably best as Bard-1/Fighter-1/Bard-2, 3, and 4/Ur-Priest X
Non-core, you want a Savage Bard-5 (UA Variant - changes the skills around a little, trades good Reflex for good Fort).
The main reason for grabbing a lot of bard levels is the skill requirements - Ur-Priest has a lot of them.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Slaved said:
I forgot to exclude paladin and ranger! I am trying to find a way to enter either of their respective prestige classes earlier than level 7 from something like straight cleric or straight druid.

Why not Clr4/Ftr1, say, which gets you into PrPal at 6th?

-Hyp.

Remove ads