D&D 5E Best Class Plus Race Level 1

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Human, Fighter: "Good ol' Phil Stammerson was a quiet boy. Kept to himself mostly, and watched others. His favourite game was to try and guess a persons reason for being in town. As a 15 year old, he got really good at it. He was average in almost every way, a bit brighter than average, maybe, and a decent physique, but nothing to write home about. When his father and mother both died in a 'mysterious' fire, Phil was homeless, so he joined the cities watch. Phil quickly showed that he excelled at doing nothing. Not a pointless, wasted time nothing, but being able to stand in one area, for hours on end, just watching and taking mental notes about those that passed by. Phil was, for all intents and purposes, born to be a guardsman. He loves it. Standing, watching, not saying much, and 'keeping an eye on things'. Over the years, Phil has gleaned a lot of information about the city...especially the 'secrets' going on (suspicious traders, the thieves guilds in town, soldiers cheating on their spouses, merchants dealing in 'specialty items', etc). But now, having just turned 30, Phil is getting the urge to walk over to the next town. You know, go on an adventure and meet new people to discern."
Halfling, Cleric of Cyrrollalee (Halfling Goddess of Friendship and Trust): "Cyderwind has always had friends. Lots of friends. He had friends of all kinds...from minor nobility, to the guildmaster of the thieves guild in the city, from the woodsman who comes into town once a month, to pretty much every owner of every tavern in town. Cyderwind is known in all circles of society. The one thing that lets him do this...he can be trusted to do what is best, but he NEVER betray's a friend, even if it may seem like it to that friend. Cyderwind is helpful to a fault, often getting him into situations most people would have the sense to avoid. But, owing to his charisma and reputation, he has always turned lemons into lemonade. Recently, Cyderwind has noticed that travellers are telling of how the nearby sister-city two days away is becoming dark. People are being quiet, keeping to themselves, and becoming suspicious of not only strangers, but also of people they've known for years. Something is going on, and it's pulling at Cyderwind to go see what's going on, maybe he can help rekindle freindships and rebuild trust that has obviously been lost to the citizens".
There's two off the top of my head. I just felt like being creative I guess. Anyway...daughter is home now, so...later! :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
For low-level only campaign: Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer with the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide cantrips. Draconic Resilience gives you decent but not spectacular AC to start, and an extra HP or two. Use a quarterstaff two-handed and pretend to be a Monk - or Darth Maul. You have a few extra tricks (the spell slots) to get out of a jam. Plus a breath weapon, for flavor or Surprise round.

Zardnaar

Legend
For low-level only campaign: Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer with the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide cantrips. Draconic Resilience gives you decent but not spectacular AC to start, and an extra HP or two. Use a quarterstaff two-handed and pretend to be a Monk - or Darth Maul. You have a few extra tricks (the spell slots) to get out of a jam. Plus a breath weapon, for flavor or Surprise round.

It's kind of what the arcane cleric is doing except she is using armor and shield.

Slit518

Adventurer
I am going to throw my hat in the circle with either a Human or Half-Elf Bard. Bards are pretty versatile as is, the Half-Elf gets some good bonuses through stats, skills, and having Darkvision. The Human having either a +1 to all stats and a Bonus Language or the Variant with the +1 to 2 stats of your choice and a feat makes it a good choice.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm finding it very difficult to believe you on that....

I'll play whatever. What I have played.

Valor Bard
Light Cleric
Champion Fighter
Monk (fist)
Paladin (forget which)
Celestial Warlock

There's probably some I've missed.

Generally play whatever's needed. Probably play Vumans more, class don't care. Never played same class twice iirc let alone archetypes.

Remove ads