log in or register to remove this ad

 

"Birds of a Feather"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Amicus sees Red Cap approach, and closes his eyes.

When he opens them he is staring down on the deranged gnomish creature, falls on all fours, and and snarls with huge fangs. He is hungry, ravenous, since his stomach has just more than quadrulpled in size.

Amicus-as-gnome might have run at this point, seeing if he could get away. Amicus as direwolf instead circles round, getting, pinning Red Cap on either side.

OOC: Action: Wildshape into dire wolf. (now Large, with 37 HP. AC 14).
Move: to pin Red Cap with Thael (so if Thael stays within 5' of Red Cap, Amicus will have advantage on next round's attack).
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Fradak

Explorer
As the tension was rising, Vaex climbed into the watchtower to get a better point of view.
From there, he could easily see the creatures sprouting out of the ground and the poor hunter who tried to face them. They were coming from everywhere.
Those infected plants looked like invoked creatures. There was no point taking them down one after an other. Vaex wondered how they would react without their summoner.

Picking his target, the arcane archer focused his attention on the red cap.
"Go get him, Quill" he whispered to his raven.

As he bent his stringless bow, a glowing dark arrow appeared a few second before the shot.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, back from short trip. Here is my init:
Initiative : 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8
Bonus Action: Hex on the RedCap
Action: Eldritch blast + Hex on Red Cap:
2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [14, 8]+6 = 20
1D10+4+1D6 = [6]+4+[3] = 13

The RedCap has disadvantage on Str checks vs the Dire Wolf.

[Quill]
Movement: to RedCap
Action: Help
Movement: takes some distance
 
Last edited:

Mike291

Explorer
Seeing the action play out Ramiel will move to 20/R and as his action fire his hand crossbow at the Redcap.

Ramiel will hold his bounus action until the Redcap attacks and will use cutting words to reduce his attack
 


[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] & [MENTION=6911206]Mike291[/MENTION]
The Redcap has walked into the Illusionary Wall of Thorns that was thrown up By Thael. As such neither of you have LoS on him.
[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]
As Circle of the Moon you can change as a bonus Action So you still have your main Action
 

Fradak

Explorer
OOC: If we can see the RedCap interact with it, shouldn't we understand it's an illusion and then see through it?

Any way if Vaex can't see Red Cap, he smokes the Needle(T11).
 
Last edited:


OOC: Its a 15' Cube, and he moved in on the other side of you guys. As such you wont have seen him Go in.

You can still use the Rolls you Made, Just on Different targets.
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
OOC: Thanks! Sorry for my error.


Snarling, Amicus-as-wolf positions himself for a bite. Snap.

OOC: Move if possible to get advantage through pack tactics.
Attack: [roll0] (or better of that and [roll1] if pack tactics applies). Damage if a hit [roll2] piercing, and DC 13 Str or be knocked prone.
 


Radaceus

Explorer
OOC: I'm not sure where we are on the initiative order? but I think it could be my turn?


Sizing up the battlefield, the dragonborne moves over toward the overwhelmed hunter and the exposed flank.

Aes holds her sword and shield out arms wide, exposing her brawn and blazoned mass. She lets out a roar, her head moving slowly in an arc. The paladins eyes noting, and piercing into each of the enemies. She proclaims,"Fear your death, for I will deliver you your end!"

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move: 30' (from R16 to R11)
Action: Channel Divinity: [sblock='Conquering Presence']As an action, you force each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you to make a DC14 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.[/sblock]
- targeting the three Twig blights (N10, R5, S6) the two Needle Blights (P5, W14), and the Vine Blight (U11)
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Movement: 30
AC: 19/17(Chain Mail, Defense / Shield)
Main hand: Longsword (1d8 slashing, versatile 1d10)
Off Hand: Shield
HP: 29/29
HD: 3/3 1d10+3
Divine Sense: Action{5/5}
Lay on Hands pool:15/15
Channel Divinity (1/LR)
Spellcasting: Spell Attack Modifier= +6 Spell Save DC= 14
Spell Slots (1st level{3/3})
Character Sheet
[/sblock]
 

OOC: we are still waiting on @tglassy to post for Kert, NPC's just need to go and ill work on then, after that its Thael and we are back at the monsters.
also i am gonna rule that you have to wait till your turn to deactivate it. it wont take up your action but still.
@Fradak I'm pretty sure your Hex worked on Int checks before. besides you still cant see him cause of the Illusion.


as the Red Cap looks on in amazement as his size companion suddenly doubles in size, grows fur and fangs. he braces himself for the attack
Str check vs prone [roll0]
and is able to push the Dire Wolf away before it pins him to the ground. ready to return the attack in favor.

meanwhile the bolt fired from Ramiels Handbow pierces right through the little creature as it disintegrates into a harmless bundle of twigs.

on the other side of the battlefield as Aës lets out a roar all Blights in the vacinety stop in there tracks for a moment.
whilest the two Blights furthest away seemingly pay no further heed to the intimidating Dragonborn. the other seem terrified, either frozen in place or doing their best to get as far away from this threat as quick as possible.
[sblock]
Twig Blight N10 [roll1]
Twig Blight R5 [roll2]
Twig Blight S6 [roll3]
Needle Blight P5 [roll4]
Needle Blight W14 [roll5]
Vine Blight U11 [roll6]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:



OOC: which one you taking out Tglassy? ;)


Gaston moves to the side to the side and rushes for a lone Twig blight that appears to be frozen in fear. (N12)
on his way there he shouts to the hunters behind him "Get those people inside already!" he then grabs his battleaxe and with a big twohanded throw it trying to kill the creature. as the axe buries itself into the creature, half of it slumps off into a pile of twigs, while the other have seems to franticly decide which the bigger threat it to run away from.
attack vs Twig [roll0] dmg [roll1]

meanwhile the Hunters are trying to guide the villagers in but due to the panic it seems they are having trouble getting everyone in.

OOC: and we're back to Thael
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Thael sighs when his diminutive newfound friend turns into a dire wolf. my my, aren't you full of surprises he thinks to himself.

Seeing his illusion has been identified for what it is by the redcap, Thael dismisses it. He then casts two spells in rapid succession, to prepare for his participation to the fight. A bluish glow emanates from him, as he grabs his second dagger

OOC: Fair ruling on the illusion having to be dismissed during his turn. The way I see it, it's an ok use of an at-will ability: waste his action, but get a strong bad guy to waste his.

Free action: dismiss silent image
Action: cast armor of agathis, Thael now has 5 temporary HP, and as long as he has them, any creature that hits him with a melee attack taks 5 cold damage
Bonus action: cast hex on the Redcap, the redcap now has disadvantage to dexterity checks (should include initiative, but not sure how this plays out since it has already rolled).
Move: None
Item interaction: draw second dagger.
 

OOC: im having one hell of a hard time with the site roller...
it's too bad that the Twig got to go before the Redcap, otherwise he wouldnt have bothered with this big thorny wall.


With the onslaught of battle the combatents start to reach eachother. With villagers panicing behind them the mow through the smaller creatures, the ones remaining assault the closest beeing next to them with their tiny claws. whilest Evi is able to evade getting hit, one of the Blights was able to sink in one of its claws into leg of Thael, however as it did a blast of eldritch energy erupted from Thael and froze the blight solid before it crumbled. Two of the Needle Blights at the forest edge seem to be frozen in place, while branch like javelins sprout from their arms and hurl them at Aës, the target of their fear. they however are unable to focus their attack and the javelins land harmlessly next to him. the remaining one moves closer to one of the hunter escorting the villagers and also throws a branch at him, the hunter however saw the projectile incomming and was able to dodge it. the Vine Blight next to Aës roars aswell, not daring to move closer, it didn't have to. the vines on it's arms unwrap and flew towards Aës. while threathening it misjudged its range and the vines landed harmlessly infront of Aës.
the Redcap on the other side of the battle field looks at the wound on his shoulder, and just start Cackling as he starts attacking in a frenzy. on his first attack a noise caught his attention from the watchtower and caused him to miss Amicus. He did not let this distract him any further though as the second attack was a solid hit to the wolfs side. as the blood dripped from the sickle he made a quick turn and slashed at the legs of Thael. with another solid hit it struck Thaels other leg. yet again a strange burst of energy flowed over the Redcap, causing its hand to freeze over. it did not care however, for prey was infront of it.

OOC:
Needle Blights;
vs Aës with disadvantage
#1
_: 2D20.LOW(1) = [4, 10] = 4+3=7

#2
_: 2D20.LOW(1) = [14, 19] = 14+3=17


vs the Hunter
_: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5


Twig Blights;
vs Evi
#1 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

#2 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8


vs Thael #1 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

dmg 1D4+1 = [3]+1 = 4


Redcap;
two attacks vs Amicus
-5 from Cutting Words: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11

1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17

dmg from second attack _: 2D4+4 = [4, 4]+4 = 12


one attack vs Thael
_: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

dmg _: 2D4+4 = [4, 2]+4 = 10


Vine Blight;
attacks vs Aës with distadvantage
2D20.LOW(1) = [7, 14] = 7+4=11


Wisdom saves vs frightend
Twig _: 2D20.LOW(1) = [12, 7] = 7-1=6

Needle _: 2D20.LOW(1) = [8, 3] = 3-1=2

Needle _: 2D20.LOW(1) = [6, 20] = 6-1=5

Vine _: 2D20.LOW(1) = [11, 16] = 11



MAP

Battle at the forest round 2.png

Creature Stats
[sblock]
Redcap AC 13/HP36
Twig Blight AC13/HP5
Twig Blight AC13/HP1 [J12]
Twig Blight AC13/HP5
Twig Blight AC13/HP5
Needle Blights AC12/HP12
Needle Blights AC12/HP12
Needle Blights AC12/HP12
Vine Blight AC12/HP26
Vine Blight AC12/HP26[/sblock]

Ally Stats;
[sblock]
Gaston HP60/AC12
Hunter (Top Hunter) HP0/AC13
Hunter HP12/AC13
Hunter HP12/AC13[/sblock]

Player Stats
[SBlock]
Amicus Brief - Wolf Form HP25/AC14
Aës - HP29/AC19
Evindal - HP32/AC17
Kert - HP21/AC15
Thael - HP12/AC15
Ramiel - HP17/AC12
[/SBlock]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
2 DC10 concentraition checks please to maintain Hex
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC: I was debating with myself whether hex was worthwhile in melee, and it probably isn't witout combat casting and a better AC, but lets see if this works, unlikely as it is
Con check 1, DC 10: [roll0]
Con check 2, DC 10: [roll1]

Note, the enworld dice roler, from my experience, goes nuts if you try to do more then 8 rolls in a post. If you need to, I recommend splitting the posts to have max 8 rolls. My 2 cents...

Edit: I can't believe how lucky I was! Yay for Hex for at least 1 more round!!! ;-)
 

Skarsgard

Explorer
Evi slices at the creatures in front of him with his sword. So far, they had been dancing around each other with neither party being able to land a blow. Swinging low he hoped to connect with the surprisingly agile creatures.

[roll0]
[roll1]
 

COMING SOON! Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top