D&D 5E Blogatog: "[AFR is] looking to be one of the best-selling sets in the history of the game."

People are baffled across the Internet as to why they won't do another D&D MtG Premiere set, many seem to be assuming Mark Rosewater is making up the idea idea that AFR is one of the best selling sets.

If they read his State of Magic article, they should be able to figure out why they are shifting future D&D sets to Supplemental sets instead of Premiere Sets, and that it has nothing to do with poor sales, because its selling well to the fans of the current set.

Despite a few annoying flaws, I'm glad it's selling well.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
See, I love this set, but I also mostly play Arena. I feel making subsequent D&D sets in alternate formats will make it harder to play.

Scribe

Legend
See, I love this set, but I also mostly play Arena. I feel making subsequent D&D sets in alternate formats will make it harder to play.
They just drop them into Historical. That was the last format I was playing anyway during 2020, it was pretty fun until they started breaking it all the time during that terrible stretch from War of the Spark to Ikoria.

Depends if they do something like Jumpstart: Historic Horizons that will add cards to Arena from at least two different Supplemental Sets, Modern Horizon 1 and Modern Horizons 2.

Remove ads