D&D 5E Blogatog: "[AFR is] looking to be one of the best-selling sets in the history of the game."

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
As it should be.;) I've played "casual Magic" for nearly 10 years, and have never played another format. That's how i learnt it, and that's how it should be.

Wait, have i become a "grognard" now?! I'm not even 30! :eek:
Nah, a Magic grognard would be someone who only plays with cards with the classic frame, and/or insists on using pre-10th edition rules (damage on the stack, mana burn, etc.) or pre-6th edition rules (batches instead of the stack, interrupts, etc.)

Zardnaar

Legend
Care factor 0. Bowed out of magic just after they added mythics and essentially lied with Jace the Mind Sculptor.

And a deck named Mythic hit $1000 in standard full of mythic cards.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Care factor 0. Bowed out of magic just after they added mythics and essentially lied with Jace the Mind Sculptor.

And a deck named Mythic hit $1000 in standard full of mythic cards.
They never claimed mythic rares wouldn’t be good. They just claimed they would be splashy cards, not low-key competitive staples like lands.

Zardnaar

Legend
They never claimed mythic rares wouldn’t be good. They just claimed they would be splashy cards, not low-key competitive staples like lands.

Context just had taken a mortgage at the time.

I had a choice of 7 weeks mortgage payments or buy a standard deck.

Or buy a playset of Jaces for 1-2 weeks mortgage payments.

I think at one tournament the top 8 had 31 copies of Jace and the said they should have run 4.

So I checked out of MtG had been playing since 4E/Tempest iirc.

Scribe

Legend

I think at one tournament the top 8 had 31 copies of Jace and the said they should have run 4.

That's now considered normal, for the past 3 years or so. You saved yourself a lot of heartache. :)

Modern is apparently more expensive now than its ever been, I'm probably going to sell the remaining parts of my collection to the local shop.

Northern Phoenix

Adventurer

Genuinely what does this mean? I just buy Commander boxes and play with friends. I feel a bit out of the loop here.

Zardnaar

Legend
That's now considered normal, for the past 3 years or so. You saved yourself a lot of heartache. :)

Modern is apparently more expensive now than its ever been, I'm probably going to sell the remaining parts of my collection to the local shop.

Yeah I saw which way the wind was blowing and checked out.

Also after the first Ravnica block (and invasion perhaps) the new sets didn't do much for me.

Remove ads