• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood and Fist

Vigilance

Explorer
Peterson said:
Having said that, when is Fanasty B&F and/or B&F III going to be available?

BNF III is up in the air at the present. BNF II did sell well, so it is a definite possibility.

As for the fantasy BNF, which has a name and (I believe) a description on the RPGObjects site, its going to be called Legends of the Samurai, be a 160 page hardcover, the second to Legends of Excalibur in our fantasy line.

I am going to write a Blood and Guts adventure, and then Legends of the Samurai is next on my list.

Chuck

valeren

First Post
blood and fist metioned wuxia and ki powers, has anyone come up with an modern wuxia campaign setting? much like those anime high school campaign (like in the korean film volcano high) or just a "normal" d20 modern campaign but with wuxia martial arts (like the korean film arahan http://www.arahan.co.kr/ )

Tellerve

When I studied a little Tai Chi Chu'an my sifu, who himself had a whole heck of a lot of styles known to him, had a special session where we learned Wu Dong sword technique. I only learned one long form of it, and sadly don't recall it now, but it is the only thing I've seen that used the chinese sword like those in CTHD. I don't know if Wu Dong was in and of itself a full style or not, sorry :(

Tellerve

ledded

Herder of monkies
Vigilance said:
BNF III is up in the air at the present. BNF II did sell well, so it is a definite possibility.
Good luck, I for one would like to see it.

As for the fantasy BNF, which has a name and (I believe) a description on the RPGObjects site, its going to be called Legends of the Samurai, be a 160 page hardcover, the second to Legends of Excalibur in our fantasy line.

I am going to write a Blood and Guts adventure, and then Legends of the Samurai is next on my list.

Chuck
Legend of the Samurai? *Now* you're talking. :) That sounds very interesting, especially if you bring the same depth of research and balance as you did with the first 'Legends' and the Blood and <x> books.

I only wish that the rest of my gaming group were a 10th as Samurai-read and Samurai-obsessed :) as I am, or, well, we'd play with more Samurai ;)

Vigilance

Explorer
Well maybe this game will change their minds ;)

Im reading a 300+ page book on medieval Japan as a start to my research, so some elbow grease will go into it.

Chuck

JPL

Adventurer
Blood and Fists III, eh?

Well, I’ll tell you what would be useful...a campaign book of sorts.

Locations and expanded plot hooks for the martial arts tournament, and lots and lots of NPC stats [cause you gotta kick somebody, right?]. In fact, you could provide stats for the same guys at low, medium, and high level — say, 5th-10th-15th.

Accompanying that...some organizations or individuals that could be patrons for a group of heroes [who I assume would tend to be martial artists of widely varying backgrounds and disciplines]. A CIA officer who recruits fellow martial artists...a veteran streetfighter [School of Hard Knocks Master / Sensei?] who teaches the youngsters how to REALLY fight...a Jeet Kune Do instructor who hires the PCs to teach at his academy, so different stylists can learn from one another...that sort of thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads