Bo9S - Initiator Level of multi class character

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Sejs said:
I'd say no. There are some maneuvers that are available to one that arn't available to others. Much like a Wiz/Sorc I'd say keep the pools seperate, if you want to use an ability with both pools, you'd have to take it with both classes.

Can you back this up with a rules reference? The text I quoted, particularly the bolded part makes me think the opposite.

Cheers, -- N

RigaMortus2

First Post
Nifft said:
Q1: ToB p. 38 says "you must choose a selection of readied maneuvers from all the maneuvers you know". Can Doug ready his Swordsage maneuvers in Warblade "slots"?

The rules for Reading maneuvers are located under each class (page 9 for Crusader, p15-16 for the Swordsage, and pg 21-22 for the Warblade). They are listed under the heading Manevuers Readied. Since the rules for how you Ready your maneuvers are listed under each specific class, they pertain to each specific class.

So if you were a Swordsage/Warblade, and you wanted to know how you Ready maneuvers for your Swordsage class, you would look on pages 15-16. And if you wanted to know how you Ready maneuvers for your Warblade class, you would look on pages 21-22.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
RigaMortus2 said:
The rules for Reading maneuvers are located under each class (page 9 for Crusader, p15-16 for the Swordsage, and pg 21-22 for the Warblade). They are listed under the heading Manevuers Readied. Since the rules for how you Ready your maneuvers are listed under each specific class, they pertain to each specific class.

So if you were a Swordsage/Warblade, and you wanted to know how you Ready maneuvers for your Swordsage class, you would look on pages 15-16. And if you wanted to know how you Ready maneuvers for your Warblade class, you would look on pages 21-22.

The only restrictions I see in those sections pertain to Maneuvers Known. The section on readying maneuvers says nothing about restrictions -- only that you must ready a subset of the maneuvers you know.

It is silent regarding the source, as far as I can see.

I'm genuinely curious, though, if you could post a reading of the text (not just page numbers) which back up this position. It seems relatively sane.

Thanks, -- N

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Nifft said:
Too painful to qualify for! The feats aren't all that bad, but there are a lot of them, and they're kinda bland. :)

Their speed of readied maneuver acquisition is fantastic for a Crusader or Warblade. Particularly a Crusader, though -- the note on p.96 about extra granted maneuvers makes this amazingly sweet. Perhaps too sweet. Gotta think about that.

Hrm...interesting. I'd been operating under the assumption that it would be far, far too painful for a crusader to get into, what with the three Martial Study feats required to get him up to 6 disciplines known.

However, for a human, the feats are doable by 9th level. And the "Must know maneuvers from 6 different styles" requirement is painful if you're trying to stay single-classed, putting you at MoN-1 at 19th level. But, take a level of warblade or swordsage, and with careful maneuver selection, you can meet that requirement quickly.

Not that that breaks it, of course.

Brad

Drowbane

First Post
jaults said:
I just want to make sure I have this right: A Ftr2/Crusader 8 counts as a Crusader 9 for Initiator level, specifically for purposes of determining the highest level maneuvers he can learn, right? I am looking at the bottom of the first column, page 39, and the top of the second column, same page.

Thanks,
Jason

Not only that, but a Fighter 12 who takes his first initiator level in Warblade at 13th chooses his starting maneuvers as a 7th level Warblade. (that is, number of maneuvers as 1st level but you could learn up to a 4th lvl maneuver... as long as you learned the prerequisites too).

Thats fricking awesome.

Drowbane

First Post
hong said:
I wouldn't allow that, going by the same principle (it doesn't seem to be actually written down) that says you can't ready the same maneuver twice for a single class. Going to two classes shouldn't let people negate that principle.

Huh, wha?

My Bo9S doesn't (seem to) say anything about not readying the same maneuver twice. How does this differ from preparing the same spell twice?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Drowbane said:
Not only that, but a Fighter 12 who takes his first initiator level in Warblade at 13th chooses his starting maneuvers as a 7th level Warblade. [...]
Thats fricking awesome.

Sure, except for the 12 levels of Fighter... ;)

-- N

ohGr

First Post
Nail said:
The Warblade wins in the "best combat class to dip into" contest.
I realize we've kind of gotten past this, but...

Thanks to Complete Champion, barbarian pretty much wins this one, now. The 1st-level Lion Totem substitution ability trades fast movement for... pounce. Unconditional pounce.

Yeesh. :\

Nifft

Penguin Herder
ohGr said:
Thanks to Complete Champion, barbarian pretty much wins this one, now. The 1st-level Lion Totem substitution ability trades fast movement for... pounce. Unconditional pounce.

Yeesh. :\

:eek: That's enough right there to give ya religion, it is. :uhoh:

Scared of Barbarians, -- N

Remove ads