D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

Arilyn

Hero
I'm wondering why some posters here are assuming Bob's survey results will be a WotC/D&D hate fest...
I'm assuming it'll be like/love D&D, Neutral on WotC, neutral on current D&D direction, D&D increasing in popularity and WotC decreasing in popularity.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm wondering why some posters here are assuming Bob's survey results will be a WotC/D&D hate fest...
I'm assuming it'll be like/love D&D, Neutral on WotC, neutral on current D&D direction, D&D increasing in popularity and WotC decreasing in popularity.

I'm expecting negative on WotC or near split on negative/neutral.

Arilyn

Hero
Bob has seemed pretty negative toward WotC/D&D lately, so I expect some selection bias among his respondees.
Once again, Bob negative? I'm not at all seeing this version of Bob. And the survey has spread to other sites. Bob shared his answers to the WotC survey and it wasn't negative. Even Professor DM's shared response was positive and neutral. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm not predicting a flood of "We hate the game and WotC" responses.

TheSword

Legend
Wizards put out a temperature check survey for 9 days then closed it and within 1 day folks are saying we won’t see the results and we need to do our own survey because Wizards can’t be trusted.

The premise of the second survey is pretty negative by implication.

mamba

Legend
Wizards put out a temperature check survey for 9 days then closed it and within 1 day folks are saying we won’t see the results and we need to do our own survey because Wizards can’t be trusted.

The premise of the second survey is pretty negative by implication.
you make it sound as if the statement that we won’t get results from WotC’s poll only came up once it was closed and that Bob’s poll is a reaction and was set up as a consequence so we get to see the negative results that WotC is hiding, neither is true

TheSword

Legend
you make it sound as if the statement that we won’t get results from WotC’s poll only came up once it was closed and that Bob’s poll is a reaction and was set up as a consequence so we get to see the negative results that WotC is hiding, neither is true
Thats not my take.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yes, because WotC broke our trust. They 100% deserve all of it. Once they start trying to regain our trust as a community, then...and only then...does that stuff become uncalled for.
This mentality is flat out toxic.

Constant vitriol at every single new thing involving D&D or wotc in general isn’t justified because they did one thing that pissed you off.

He said a negative thing about WotC. Some fans can’t abide that. That’s it. That’s the whole “controversy.”
Lolololololololol no.

He’s a smarmy dude boosting his channel on cynicism, at this point. There is no “controversy”. No one claimed there was.

The only reason this is even a discussion is that some people can’t handle any pushback against constant cynicism and vitriol. 🤷‍♂️

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Hard to desescalate tone, when the algorithm literally rewards bad behavior with money.
Yeah, I end up telling YouTube not to recommend channels a lot because they are riding that particular wave.

Dungeon Dudes seems to still be just two guys talking about games, sans any of the things that make most YouTube channels annoying. I like them. I tried checking out Ginny Di again for a minute, but she’s just pretty cynical and pessimistic in general, so any video with editorializing from her tends to annoy me. I still enjoy her twitter and IG content though.

Thats about it at this point.

Remove ads