• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bug Reporting Thread

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As discussed in this thread, there are some errors in the Bestiary.

Just looking at the low-level humanoids, I see:

* Orc XP should be 20 [edit: 30?], not 70.
* Dryad and Doppelganger experience should be higher (though not clear what).
* The two Lizardfolk figures seem to have incompatible ACs -- it would seem one is being given an Natural AC of +2, the other +1.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
See linked thread.

I assume that monsters that are more of a challenge should be worth more xp, and that monsters of equal strength and hp should be worth roughly comparable amounts of xp.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
See linked thread.

I assume that monsters that are more of a challenge should be worth more xp, and that monsters of equal strength and hp should be worth roughly comparable amounts of xp.

Why should an Orc be 20 XP, though? 20 XP is the same as a Human Warrior, which deals much less damage, has worse AC, and doesn't have the insanely powerful not-dying ability.

Li Shenron

Legend
What are all the actual errors you've spotted? I'm not talking about design decisions you disagree with, but actual things where they messed up. Some things have been broken for a long time, so it looks like they need some help finding the errors. Let's make a list.

Can't xp you again yet, but well done!

This is a very good initiative... WotC needs all the help they can get proofreading the material so that we can minimize those pesky errata in the final product! :)

And yes, I know that we're at least 1 year early and the rules are changing all the time, but we don't know what of the current packet may well end up in the final books, and if no one ever proofreads and give feedback, WotC might not notice errors by assuming everything is fine.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
And yes, I know that we're at least 1 year early and the rules are changing all the time, but we don't know what of the current packet may well end up in the final books, and if no one ever proofreads and give feedback, WotC might not notice errors by assuming everything is fine.
I'm not so sure. After all, they must have someone to proofread and edit their products.

...Actually, looking at the quality of their recent products, they need all the help they can get.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Why should an Orc be 20 XP, though? 20 XP is the same as a Human Warrior, which deals much less damage, has worse AC, and doesn't have the insanely powerful not-dying ability.

Compare the human berserker, though, with 30xp and who has the same hp and damage, ac only 1 less, and the rage ability. Maybe the xp should be 30; 70 is clearly wrong. (Though it's clear we assess the Relentless ability differently than each other; thanks for that).

jadrax

Adventurer
* The two Lizardfolk figures seem to have incompatible ACs -- it would seem one is being given an Natural AC of +2, the other +1.

That's not how natural armor works. It just gives the equivalent of an Armour type.

In the case of Lizardfolk, this is Hide Armor.
So if your Dex is 10 (Lizardfolk) you would be AC 12.
If your Dex is 14 (Lizardfolk Leader) you would be AC 13.

Which is what it is.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
That's not how natural armor works. It just gives the equivalent of an Armour type.

In the case of Lizardfolk, this is Hide Armor.
So if your Dex is 10 (Lizardfolk) you would be AC 12.
If your Dex is 14 (Lizardfolk Leader) you would be AC 13.

Which is what it is.

Why is the Lizardfolk Leader not AC 14? (Hide armour (12) + dex bonus (+2))

It still looks to me like the scales are only increasing the Leader's base AC by 1.

jadrax

Adventurer
Why is the Lizardfolk Leader not AC 14? (Hide armour (12) + dex bonus (+2))

It still looks to me like the scales are only increasing the Leader's base AC by 1.

Actually that is an error, I think its probably still using the very old half Dex from medium armor rules rather than the (max 2). Which to be fair I think is how the rules worked the last time they talked about Natural AC.

Unfortunately there are no other examples I can see that really allow you to reverse engineer and say how it works for sure. So it may well be that its intentional.

Remove ads