• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bug Reporting Thread

jadrax

Adventurer
Not sure if these are errors per say, but:

All the Monsters for Mud Sorcerer's Tomb (apart from the Dread Wraith) have been removed from the Bestiary in the latest 2 play-test packets, despite it referencing them.

There is no Juggernaut in the Tomb of Horrors Bestiary.

zoroaster100

First Post
The taks "eavesdrop on whispered conversation through door" is incorrectly placed under Sense Motive instead of Listen on page 8 of the DM Guidelines.

zoroaster100

First Post
Page 12 of Specialties and Feats has the Sniper feat, which says you make shots with precision by sacrificing stopping power. But the rules for the feat don't present any mechanics for any "sacrificing stopping power". I'm not sure if that is meant to be just flavor text with no game effect or if there was supposed to be some reduction in damage or other mechanic which got left off in error.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Page 12 of Specialties and Feats has the Sniper feat, which says you make shots with precision by sacrificing stopping power. But the rules for the feat don't present any mechanics for any "sacrificing stopping power". I'm not sure if that is meant to be just flavor text with no game effect or if there was supposed to be some reduction in damage or other mechanic which got left off in error.

Good catch: this is a legacy of previous versions, which said
You gain proficiency with the longbow and the shortbow. As an action, you can make a single attack with a ranged weapon with advantage. Do not add your Dexterity modifier to the damage of this attack, and if you have martial damage dice you cannot add them to this attack’s damage.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
New question:

Each creature in the bestiary has an entry under "Encounter building" which gives both the XP and the creature's "level". Is the level used for anything? If so, I'm just not seeing it.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
New question:

Each creature in the bestiary has an entry under "Encounter building" which gives both the XP and the creature's "level". Is the level used for anything? If so, I'm just not seeing it.
Some monsters of the same level have different XP values. Some are meant to be "solos," for example. Earlier packets had "solo" and "elite" next to the monster level; I guess someone complained and they removed it.

Peter Lee

First Post
Added dates are working great; thanks, GX.Sigma! I have a weekly reminder to check this thread to addnew information to the interal bug list.

An error in my mind is stinking cloud. The same same level as fireball and the same damage but a longer range, it obscures vision, and deals damage over multiple turns.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
The Teleport spell seems to have a bug. When you roll a mishap, you take 1d10 damage then reroll again with 1d20+80. Which, in nearly every case guarantees that you roll a mishap again. Basically, if you roll a mishap on anything other than a location that you've studied carefully, you take infinite amounts of 1d10.

If the intention is that you die, it might as well say that. I suspect that they only wanted it to do a bit of damage and then teleport you to a similar location instead of where you wanted to go. But someone changed the chart for that the mishap chance was larger.

Remove ads