Dragonlance Building a Dragonlance character, according to DDB.

Stormonu

Legend
Tinker Gnome is the only way I would allow Artificers in Krynn
Considering the likes of the Silver Arm of Ergoth, artificers - as creators of magic items - seem a shoe-in for elves, humans and dwarves. Artillirists & the Steel Defender may need tweaking (the Defender being more a magic golem and less clockwork; the Artillirist I draw a blank on - Dragon magic maybe?) or have those options be limited to gnomes.

Considering the likes of the Silver Arm of Ergoth, artificers - as creators of magic items - seem a shoe-in for elves, humans and dwarves. Artillirists & the Steel Defender may need tweaking (the Defender being more a magic golem and less clockwork; the Artillirist I draw a blank on - Dragon magic maybe?) or have those options be limited to gnomes.
Yes, I suppose you could have Theros Ironfeld as an artificer.

Tinker Gnome is the only way I would allow Artificers in Krynn
During the period when the clerics where broken you might expect people to turn to alchemy for healing.

Okay, so players avoid the alchemist subclass because its a bit weak, but the point is artificers are all about refluffing. They don't have to conform to the mad inventor trope.

You could make a wizard of high sorcery artificer for example.

Having said that, autognomes should be added to the list of races likely to be found on Krynn.

A few points on the article:

Kagonasti: Are these stated the same as Silvenisti (wood elves in the PHB)? They have been wild elves on occasion.

Forest gnomes: "While forest gnomes exist, they are rarer than their rock gnome cousins and prefer to seek harmony between nature and science rather than pursue endless innovation." I think this is completely new lore.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Interesting that the list breaks down the elven nations but not the dwarven ones (or the human ones). But the list is more or less to be expected.

A few points on the article:

Kagonasti: Are these stated the same as Silvenisti (wood elves in the PHB)? They have been wild elves on occasion.

Forest gnomes: "While forest gnomes exist, they are rarer than their rock gnome cousins and prefer to seek harmony between nature and science rather than pursue endless innovation." I think this is completely new lore.
I think they may have existed in some DL sources, basically as non-Mr Nevermind gnomes

They were known as mad gnomes. You meet a non tinker gnome npc in one of the original modules.
Rock gnomes cover mad gnomes pretty well (and we can assume all PC gnomes are mad, by the Mt. Nevermind definition).

I don't think an actual society of nature loving gnomes has been seen before.

Remathilis

Legend
They were known as mad gnomes. You meet a non tinker gnome npc in one of the original modules.
Probably a good idea to not refer to them as mad, even if it's meant as an inversion.

In fact, it's a very good idea to tone down the one note elements of the setting. The fact that kender seem to be moving away from kleptomania, gnomes from OCD, and the complete absence of guilly dwarves will quit treating those races like mental illness jokes and like more like actual people.

Probably a good idea to not refer to them as mad, even if it's meant as an inversion.

In fact, it's a very good idea to tone down the one note elements of the setting. The fact that kender seem to be moving away from kleptomania, gnomes from OCD, and the complete absence of guilly dwarves will quit treating those races like mental illness jokes and like more like actual people.
I'm curious if they will mention gully dwarves ever again in 5E. They were briefly mentioned in Tales from the Yawning Portal as a way to make Sunless Citadel take place in Krynn (replace kobolds with gully dwarves while not explaining what they were for those who might not know). Guessing they'll just leave them in the past without addressing them one way or the other, which is probably for the best.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases