Building Eberron (Using non-Eberron books)

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
I think we have a consensus for some of the base classes, the oriental ones seem to be sticking points (though I've seen a lot more negitive on them than positive), apparently I'm the only one with qualms about the warmage, and the Marshal's only negitive mention so far is that it's underpowered.

So does consensus mean approval? That's the question ;) Only waiting on a judge to start approving things.

Feats & Skills next?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ferrix said:
So does consensus mean approval? That's the question ;) Only waiting on a judge to start approving things.

Feats & Skills next?
Nope, no it doesn't. Heck, it isn't just that they haven't been approved--they haven't even been proposed yet ;) This is a Discussion where people say things they like and other people say things they don't like, not a proposal thread.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Will we be looking at any of the alternate classes from UA? Urban Ranger would fit well in Sharn.
Yes, definitely. Please propose them--they have an even higher chance of being accepted than the other ones due to being available to all :)

Ferrix

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Nope, no it doesn't. Heck, it isn't just that they haven't been approved--they haven't even been proposed yet ;) This is a Discussion where people say things they like and other people say things they don't like, not a proposal thread.

Well, should we create a Class Proposal thread? A feat proposal thread? A skill proposal thread? A spell proposal thread? And so on?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ferrix said:
Well, should we create a Class Proposal thread? A feat proposal thread? A skill proposal thread? A spell proposal thread? And so on?
No--that would become too big to handle (we don't want the Judges to have to search through lots of text to find what they are voting on). What we want is an X proposal thread where you propose X, and maybe Y and Z that are related. So "Urban Ranger" or "Variant Paladins" would be the general theme. I would do it myself, but then I can't vote YES, so I'll let you guys do it ;)

Put the proposal in the first post, and we will discuss below :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Would a Complete Adventurer Class Proposal thread work, tying in all the classes from that one book?
That's debatable in theme, but it is probably short enough that it wouldn't be too much to chew on--plus at least those three classes are somewhat related, as opposed to, say, the PHII classes, which should probably each be separate (when it is time for it to be allowed). I'd say sure. But later when we want to do feats, a "Complete Adventurer feats" thread is too generic, for instance.

Ferrix

Explorer
Ugh... that means you are going to have a couple hundred proposal threads, which is far more unwieldy for a forum than a single thread for each.

A class proposal thread wouldn't be that unwieldy.

Make a list of agreeable classes decided from this thread at the first post, relatively easy for people to put either a Yes or No in a quoted reply next to each one.

Make discussion stay in this thread and you won't have tons of text to search through.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ferrix said:
Ugh... that means you are going to have a couple hundred proposal threads, which is far more unwieldy for a forum than a single thread for each.

A class proposal thread wouldn't be that unwieldy.

Make a list of agreeable classes decided from this thread at the first post, relatively easy for people to put either a Yes or No in a quoted reply next to each one.

Make discussion stay in this thread and you won't have tons of text to search through.
This is for the proposals' benefits as much as anything else. I know from Living ENWorld that judges are *much* more likely to vote on short proposals than ones with lots of stuff in them (and LEW has many more potential judges to vote on things than we do!). Proposal threads expect to have lively discussion in them as well (like the new spells thread). Besides, there's no need for hundreds of proposals unless there's someone who randomly proposes everything--we don't need to kitchen sink this: propose what is useful and we'll discuss it and add it on. That way, also, it is much much less likely that we will have to tell someone 'No' and take something away because we missed it.

Remove ads