Building Eberron (Using non-Eberron books)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
We could have the Knight class then too as it was posted on Wizards.com
Yep. There's going to be some discussion on that, though. I want to add Diplomacy (why doesn't it have it?!) and make the Challenge a (Su) [Mind-Affecting] ability. Bard song is.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Plus the Archivist actually gets some great uses out of those knowledge skills. Heck, with Draconic Archivist, you can Dark Knowledge all those damn Warforged :lol:
And never Dark Knowledge any other of the normal PCs, because archivists are oblivious to humanoids.

"Err, an orc? I dunno, hack it?" ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
And never Dark Knowledge any other of the normal PCs, because archivists are oblivious to humanoids.

"Err, an orc? I dunno, hack it?" ;)
Yup--having humanoids would be pretty powerful, since there are so many. In Shackled City, I had enough targets in Life's Bazaar (with Draconic Archivist) to keep me happy, but it was still the minority of encounters when I got to use Dark Knowledge. Against humanoids, she mostly buffed them or attacked with her Riding Dog.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Nope, no it doesn't. Heck, it isn't just that they haven't been approved--they haven't even been proposed yet ;) This is a Discussion where people say things they like and other people say things they don't like, not a proposal thread.
Actualy, I was going to pass on the whole proposal thing for some of this, because it will take forever. KO hasn't chimed in, but if we have a consensus I'm all for those base classes we agree on.

I'm still not getting feedback on why people like or dislike the other classes though.

I don't like the flavor of the oriental ones much, AND don't want to let everything in.

We know about the Psionic classes being too new, and the PHBII classes.

I've always viewed the Warmage as too powerful. It's got better blast than a wizard, more selection than a sorcerer, and can cast in armor. Granted, it's missing the utility spells, but I still think it's over the top. It's a mechanical issue, not a flavor.

And again, the Marshal, which I've only heard "It's not powerful enough, but I'd let someone play it" as an objection.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I think the proposals are healthy, as evidenced by the pirate one--there's even discussion about retooling the Swashbuckler and such. This thread is so long that any one post is inaccessible to the common poster who wants to comment and say NO to a class they hate or "Here's a cool way to include..." to a class they want to have.

Bront

The man with the probe
True, but we got a fealing for the ones that are no contest at least realy.

I'd rather do the feats by book though, and spells too if we can (seperate thread for each) instead of 150 proposal threads

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
True, but we got a fealing for the ones that are no contest at least realy.

I'd rather do the feats by book though, and spells too if we can (seperate thread for each) instead of 150 proposal threads
I really don't want to approve whole books without looking at the components piecemeal. I'm bound to miss one or two broken ones unless I get to do them one by one. I'll have to either hold off when I would have voted YES or even vote NO to stall, especially if it Complete Adventurer, which isn't with me at the moment and I know contains some very good stuff and a little bit of totally broken stuff too.

Erekose13

Explorer
It wouldnt work to start off a proposal thread with a kind of table of contents or a listing of all content in a book. Then discussion can take place in the thread for each of the pieces in the proposal. As something is accepted the initial poster could then mark that it has been approved or vetoed. Just an idea.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
It wouldnt work to start off a proposal thread with a kind of table of contents or a listing of all content in a book. Then discussion can take place in the thread for each of the pieces in the proposal. As something is accepted the initial poster could then mark that it has been approved or vetoed. Just an idea.
That could work, but I'd be worried about scaring away normal community members and/or making it hard for them to find the feats they want to discuss with us (assuming they have one or two feats to chime in about but don't want to follow the entire thread)

Remove ads