Bulletproof Monk?

Greetings my fellow ENWorlders!

I don't post over in this part of the board much, but I've had a lingering question in my mind for a while (and I'm not much in the mood for studying for this history exam...)

Who here's seen Bulletproof Monk. I'm a huge fan of Seann William Scott, and it really sounded like a pretty cool action flick. What are your thoughts? Is it a good solid action flick? I'm not interested in oscar-caliber acting or dialogue, just a good 1-2 hour escape from reality... :)

Thanks!

Dark Jezter

First Post
It was a fun movie. Although the wire-work was embarrasingly bad in some scenes (Chow Yun Fat's scene with the breakfast cereal, for instance).

Henry

Autoexreginated
Very fun, not a life-changing moment, but some cool scenes, and a neat prophecy nonetheless. I actually had the end surprise figured out

SPOILERS
right around "the fight at the Palace of Jade," but I hadn't figured it completely (I thought it was the girl specifically.)
SPOILERS

Well worth a rental if you like martial arts semi-super-hero movies with feel-good endings.

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

I enjoyed it, too. My only complaint was that it was amazingly jarring how they sometimes switched (mostly early in the movie) from normal film to Amazingly Craptacular Film(tm). The graininess/faded nature of some of the flashback temple scenes was weird.

Take care,
Dreeble

stevelabny

Explorer
someone needs to put sean wiliam scott out of his misery before he makes any more movies, but it WAS watchable. even got a few smiles.

kingpaul

First Post
I thought it was a good movie...especially for a rental. I think I would've been disappointed had I seen it in the theatre. I think I watched it a couple different times during the rental period.

I have to agree on the prophecy interpretation...very interesting.

Remove ads