• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Burned out and stepping out of gaming for a while.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Hey HellHound. I really enjoy your presence here, and I will miss you. Take all the time you need to de-stress yourself. I may not have realized it but when my computer crashed some months ago, it hit me that gaming was stressing me out. I needed the break from EnWorld and gaming as well. But now I am back at it. And I have to say I have a fresh view on things and a better handle on the basics of my favorite game.

So, take the time you need. You'll be back when you feel the time is right. In the meantime, you'll be in my prayers.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Nifft said:
Hey HellHound!

You've been missed, and you'll be missed more.

-- N

Nifft, you are one of the guys I feel guilty about when I see you on line - but that has nothing to do with the stresses I talked about above, and more to do with Paradigm Concepts not liking the manuscript I submitted for Jungles of the Mind.

I have a huge pile of psionics material on my hard drive. If you are interested, I could ship it all off to you and you could dig through it and edit it and we can finally get Jungles out, with you as the main developer instead of me.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
HellHound said:
I have a huge pile of psionics material on my hard drive. If you are interested, I could ship it all off to you and you could dig through it and edit it and we can finally get Jungles out, with you as the main developer instead of me.

That would actually be awesome! I've been looking for some of that stuff recently... particularly the Octopsionics. :)

Email is prefered media, of course. PM me if you don't have my address.

-- N

J, I'm sorry to hear of your loss, unfortunately I've been in your shoes. I'm am also sadened by your leaving for a while, but it is certainly understandable. Take care of yourself and get your mind focused again. Give your best to yourself and then to your family, they need you in your right mind and so do you.
Peace and much love,
Eric

Cassandra

First Post
HellHound, I just met you at GenCon but I sort of feel like I "know" you from hanging around various boards the past couple years. I hope your sabbatical from gaming refreshes you, and that you are able to restore your peace of mind.

Wik

First Post
Hey, just noticed this.

I guess this explains why I haven't seen you around here, at the Pits, or even on LJ. I was actually wondering if you were going to reply to the stuff I sent you a while back... can't even remember what it was, now.

I really hope everything works out for ya. I can totally understand the sentiment behind the gaming association, and I hope that you can put all the bad stuff behind you. I don't know if giving up the *gm* mantle for a while and becoming a player is an option; from the sound of it, probably not.

And I hope you get back into gaming... eventually. At least, you need to get back into gaming by the time I finally get off my butt and go down to Gen Con, so you can run one of those famed Robotech games of yours.

Seriously.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Damn, Wik, I miss chatting with you too.

See, I can't leave for long, I have too many good friends in gaming.

Twin Rose

First Post
HellHound said:
and I know I've just dug myelf a hole since I missed a bunch of Industry friends already in this list - Claudio & Steve Creech for instance).

Chris and Dee :(

My GM from my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game (palladium, anyone remember it?) killed himself a few years ago. It was really rough, and to this day, I can't play ANY palladium game w/o thinking of him ... Which means, basically, I don't play them. I'm not gonna tell you that it gets better. It doesn't. It just isn't fun anymore and you gotta get out.

Whenever I'm drinking blueberry beer, I'll tip a glass and think of Tony, though. He was a cool cat and I'll miss him.

Edit: And I'll try not to spill any on his portfolio ;)

Ghostwind

First Post
Jake-

There isn't anything I can say here that I didn't already say over at Circvs. Take care and know that you have a reserved seat at any game I decide to run at Origins or Gen Con. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads