Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

Hey just a heads up. My dad has been in the hospital the past couple days. He is fine and recovering from surgery. I just haven't had the energy to post. I'm going to need a couple days then I'll be back.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey just a heads up. My dad has been in the hospital the past couple days. He is fine and recovering from surgery. I just haven't had the energy to post. I'm going to need a couple days then I'll be back.
Take your time. I'm gonna work on getting us out of Candlekeep and on the road, but nothing will happen quickly. (Such is the nature of PBP, unfortunately). It should keep until you are ready.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, bumping a little forward again. I'm really enjoying these characters, so I want to let this game breathe a bit, but PBP can be soooo slow, that I've just got to get things going. Here's a little combat so we can stretch these characters and see how they work. Even though I want to get to the adventure as written in Candlekeep Mysteries (it'll be less work for me if I can just follow the book) - it's a LONG way to the nearest place that I can, in my head, reasonably place the location on a Forgotten Realms map. I've got a good spot, and I'll move the journey along as quick as I can, but I'm not going to just handwave it entirely. We'll have a few encounters on the way (though not always combats).

Let's see if the group can gel a bit...

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Agenti has the perfect spell for this situation: Pass without Trace. Which gives everyone a +10 bonus on stealth checks for an hour. It's not invisibility, but it should let us get the jump on them, if it's ok to cast.

Heck, it might even let us get an even better position to start the raid from.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I propose we take a few turns to plan out the attack. We have the benefit of a scout, so I propose that we RP the plan of attack so that the characters can gel better. We would have done this on the other side of the hill, to avoid being seen/heard.

Question for group discussion: they didn’t kill the half orc so does it make sense to just go in and slaughter them?
cheers,

sg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sounds like I may have pushed things forward a little too far - Yes, feel free to insert any discussion you'd like - it was quite a hike to this place (the group is probably getting pretty tired). I would normally have called for a few more rolls along the way for tracking, but I figured it was best to pop forward. Pass Without Trace is a great idea, then we can get the group Stealth Check, which will almost definitely work out in your favour.

The moral question is interesting to me as well.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ah, Ruznami rolled stealth before Pass without Trace, so with the spell, that dwarven wizard is damn near invisible! Like a rogue! LOL

If there's time, he will ritually cast Detect Magic (lasts 10 minutes) and Comprehend Languages (Lasts an hour). It takes 10 minutes to cast each. If he can only do one, which would you rather have up?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ah, Ruznami rolled stealth before Pass without Trace, so with the spell, that dwarven wizard is damn near invisible! Like a rogue! LOL

If there's time, he will ritually cast Detect Magic (lasts 10 minutes) and Comprehend Languages (Lasts an hour). It takes 10 minutes to cast each. If he can only do one, which would you rather have up?

I say we wait for both rituals. No reason to rush. Besides, do elves even know how to rush?

SG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases