Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I know combat is going to be starting. Unfortunately, I am heading out on vacation this afternoon. I will be back June 14. I will only have access via my phone, and I hate mobile posting (fat fingers, small keyboard, perfectionism can't tolerate spelling errors LOL Plus all the formatting necessary). Feel free to jaeger Ruznami if you need to. I don't want to hold anything up. :(

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, just so I have this clear before I start round one:

1) Shedrick is staying behind at the rocks.
2) I'm going to have Ruznami finish up his rituals in round one, so I don't have to deal with him, but if KahlessNestor doesn't get back before Round2, I'll have him act. He'll stay at the rocks too.
3) Kaliban is going to approach the horses from the south using the tents as cover, and cause a distraction.
4) Argenti and Hawthorne will be approaching Broun's position from the north.
5) That leaves Ethian to the West. I think Ethian intended to have more back-up than that if he has to engage, but I suppose one of the goals here is to get Broun with minimal engagement. Maybe the plan is the three to the west (Ruznami, Ethian, and Shedrick) will only engage if they have to? Any other notes for me before I finalize everyone's positions at the start of round 1?

2) I'm going to have Ruznami finish up his rituals in round one, so I don't have to deal with him, but if KahlessNestor doesn't get back before Round2, I'll have him act. He'll stay at the rocks too.
3) Kaliban is going to approach the horses from the south using the tents as cover, and cause a distraction.
5) That leaves Ethian to the West. I think Ethian intended to have more back-up than that if he has to engage, but I suppose one of the goals here is to get Broun with minimal engagement. Maybe the plan is the three to the west (Ruznami, Ethian, and Shedrick) will only engage if they have to? Any other notes for me before I finalize everyone's positions at the start of round 1?

That sounds about right to me.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer

Sorry, I missed this before I posted IC.

I think it would be better to assume that we had the discussion in my last IC post further away, and that Ruz did his rituals before we crept this close. It's too dangerous to be performing rituals at this range. Ditto for Ethian's use of Vigilant Blessing to give Hawthorne advantage on his initiative and eyes of the night, both would have been used before the approach depicted in the map.

I propose the following sequence:
1) Both Kaliban and Hawthorne (or Hawthorne + Argenti, depends if Howthorne feels he can go solo) get into position. Kaliban to the South to release the horses, and Hawthorne (et al if applicable) from the North
2) Kaliban releases the horses, gnolls hopefylly freak out, come further South, Kaliban comes back to the main group or makes more noise, depending on the situation. This is Ethian's trigger for the use of Channel Divinity: Twilight Sanctuary
3) Main group (all except Hawthorne and possibly Kaliban, depending if he could get close fast enough) approach from the West under cover of twilight and engage
4) Hawthorne waits for an opportune moment to free Broun

Thoughts?

Cheers,

SG

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Couple of notes for you all as we start round "one".

1) I don't really bother with initiative in PBP - I find it too much trouble. I usually resolve things in roughly post-order, with an "aggro-mechanic" (generally if you attack a monster, it can respond in whatever way I consider to be logical for the situation). Unless surprised by the monsters, I usually let players go first.
2) You got to do quite a bit ahead of time, so I'm not going to skip the Gnolls turns with "surprise" this round - they are somewhat alerted. However, if you have any abilities that key on having surprise, you can use them.
3) You are all currently unseen. You'll have advantage to attack. If you move into line-of-sight (Hawthorne is ducked down from the lay-of-the-land, if he moves, he'll be in line-of-sight) you lose that advantage.

Any questions? If not, just feel free to post your turn.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm sorry... I forgot the Twilight Sanctuary. Reminder for all: There's an area of Dim light within 30 feet of Ethian that grants allies in the area 7 THP when the end their turn in the area. This ought to be creeping out the Gnolls, as ATM they don't know what it is or where it's coming from.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@Leatherhead I think you might have missed my IC Post #77, not because you did anything wrong (great post; good to go), but because you seemed to have questioned if something happened with the horses yet, which I talked about in there. It's no worries - I just didn't want you to miss that bit of the story. (We did a very similar description of how Argenti's magic works for PWoT - if that was by accident, it sure shows that we are on the same page!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases