Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Character concepts:
An Earth Genasi Warlock of The Genie (Dao). Her patron is her mother.
A Gnomish Circle of Stars Druid, more urbanized than a traditional druid, they grew up in an Orrery/Planetarium.
A Rogue soulknife who found an alien book, took a read, and is now suffering the consequences of that curiosity.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Character concepts:
An Earth Genasi Warlock of The Genie (Dao). Her patron is her mother.
A Gnomish Circle of Stars Druid, more urbanized than a traditional druid, they grew up in an Orrery/Planetarium.
A Rogue soulknife who found an alien book, took a read, and is now suffering the consequences of that curiosity.
Those look good. Let's see what others have for us before you decide which to go with!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
With the whole "adventure based on a book at Candlekeep" thing, is the assumption that PCs that get involved with the adventure have nothing to do with the adventure site itself and instead are just randos at the library there who get pulled into it... or can characters actually have a connection to the adventure location itself?

If it's the latter, then I'd submit the idea of a mountain dwarf miner who is concerned about the disappearance of the mining town-- either was from there and had left before it vanished (if the disappearance was recent), or was from a neighboring mining community and heard about the problem and decided to look into it. Would probably go with either Battlemaster Fighter or Inquisitive Rogue and Guild Artisan background.

If the PCs are instead just random folks at Candlekeep that get pulled into this adventure, then it doesn't matter to me what I play (since there's no story connection to worry about.) I'll let other folks decide first if they have definitive desires and then can fill in a gap.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I'm interested! You don't seem to have many people locked in yet, but let me know if otherwise. I'm thinking ranger, so I'll see what i can whip up...

Remove ads