• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeover Poll

Changeover Poll

• Complete Changeover: All 4E played now, no earlier editions of D&D

Votes: 193 32.2%
  • Largely over: Mostly 4E played now, some earlier edition play

Votes: 56 9.3%
  • Half over: Half 4E played now, half earlier edition play

Votes: 32 5.3%
  • Partial Changeover: Some 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • Slight Changeover: A little 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • No Change: Tried 4E, went back to earlier edition play

Votes: 114 19.0%
  • No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play

Votes: 165 27.5%

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
6 months ago, I put up a poll here on ENWorld, calling it the Changeover Poll.
That poll was about whether people changed over to 4E, stayed with 3E, or went somewhere in-between in their gaming. This poll asks the same question, but now more time has passed since the advent of 4E. So this is the Changeover Poll Redux, as it were.

This poll is exactly the same as the old poll, with the exactly same wording in the questions, and the exact same poll choices. (Hopefully, for the sake of consistency, I can get 1,000 votes once more, as I did with the first poll.)

I am curious, now that enough time had passed, to see if the results of that poll were holding, or if things had changed. So here the Changeover Poll is, once more, after a 6 month wait, after Gen Con, after the release of 4E FR, and after a number of other new developments.

I leave it in your hands to vote, if you would, in this new poll.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
Did not vote in the first poll, as much as I can remember, but going with some 4e, but still focused on 3.5 (That is what I run now) 4E is a good game, and the alternate DM in my face to face is running it now. I'll run 3.5 now though. Not pathfinder, though as that is not 3.5.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I voted "No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play" but to be fair I bought the 4e core books the day they were released, took a look through all three, and decided I preferred 3.5e.

The same thing happened when 2e was released. I decided the prior edition was more suited to my style of play.

Rolflyn

First Post
Voted "Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play" but the most accurate description would be "bought and read 4e, ended 3e campaign, no D&D now, but when a new D&D game starts, it will be a previous edition". It remains to be seen when we will restart a D&D game as we have many other options (other RPGs, board games, etc.).

diaglo

Adventurer
played 4ed as one shot only. not gonna change over. not gonna buy anything for it. not interested at all.

i've got more than enough OD&D to fill a vault

shilsen

Adventurer
Playing 50% 4e and 50% 3.5e now, mainly because I have a long running high level 3.5e game and it would be too difficult to convert to 4e. If it wasn't, I'd shift it to 4e in a flash.

Remove ads