• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Character Creation] [VtR] nWoD Vampire Game

WarShrike

First Post
Found the VtR core book in PDF online, looks nice. Hopefully it will make me less of a burden. :)

***EDIT: Ignore that. For a CORE book, its lame as hell. No skill lisrts, no stat descriptions, nothing.***

***EDIT AGAIN: Hey, some of those above links net me an error 404, do i hafta be using some special browzer to see them or something?***

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
Skyler
Concept: Brawler/Street Fighter

[SBLOCK=Appearance]
Skyler dresses like the Fonz, bluejeans and leather jacket. He would have looked very cool 40 years ago, now he looks kind of old fashionned. He has a well toned body, slim, yet heavily muscled. He stands 5' 10" tall, with dark brown hair and dark brown, almost black eyes.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Background]
As a human, Skyler was a small time drug dealer, good with his fists. As a kid, he took up martial arts. He wanted to put on some muscles and keep a fine figure. The last thing he wanted was to look like a goon. He particularly liked the rigorous trainning regemens of Kung-Fu. The discipline it brought was a welcome change from the chaos on the streets, and he kept with it ever since, even though he'd long since built up the body he'd wanted. The fighting techniques were priceless in his chozen profession. It was all about Turf, and those who wanted his. The junkies and whores weren't a threat, but he had to keep them in line. These alleyways were his kingdom, and they needed to remember it, and pay homage. He never used his techniques on them, just pummelled them into submission, or smacked em around a bit. But the more dangerous foes, rival dealers, street gangs, pimps, and the variety of hoods that wanted a piece of his turf, they required more dire persuasion.

He was also an addict. Dealing in dark alleys, he's seen most of the worst humanity has to offer. Being sired didn't change much for him. He was already an addict, so the "drug" shifted from dope to blood, but the need was the same. And so was the rush. Now he's always eager to pop a new "blood bag", wether he feels the thirst comming on or not.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Game Stats]
Virtue: Fortitude
Vice: Gluttony

Size: 5
Health: 7
Defense: 2
Inits: 5
Speed: 11
Willpower: 6

Attributes

Primary: Physical....... STRENGTH**** DEXTERITY** STAMINA**

Secondary: Mental..... INTELLIGENCE** WITS** RESOLVE***

Tertiary: Social......... PRESENCE** MANIPULATION* COMPOSURE***

Skills

Physical: BRAWL**** STEALTH**** SURVIVAL***

Mental: COMPUTER** INVESTIGATION** MEDICINES** OCCULT*

Social: INTIMIDATION** STREETWISE**

Merits

Blood Potency 2 (***)
Brawling Dodge (*)
Kung-Fu (**)

After the Embrace:
Clan: Nosferatu
Favored Attribute: Strength
Disciplines (if ever) Animalism, Nightmare, Obfuscate.
Merits: Clan Status Nosferatu (* reserved), Haven 1.

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I've got an idea I've been pondering... I was wondering if it'd be ok for my character to have been studying vampires and he sought them out, in an attempt to become one?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jemal, have your character study the occult. He can specialize in vampyres. I'm not sure if that is exactly what you wanted, but it seems to be able to work for what you had in mind. As far as seeking them out, it's possible. Hunters find vampires, so why can't you?

I'm still working on Diego's backstory. I think I may change him alittle from his original form. I will have his background, appearance, and personalitly later today.

I hope I didn't step on any toes by answering Jemal's question. Sorry if I did.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Personality]

Diego loves a good challenge, whether it’s a fight or some kind of compound that he thinks he can sneak into. Because of this, he has been in jail twice over the last 5 years of his life. He always seems to get off for good behavior, as he knows when to stop pressing his luck. He has a rather twisted sense of honor. Respect is a huge issue for him. He usually shows people respect as long as they return the favor.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Appearance]

Diego stands 6’1’’ and weighs approximately 180lbs. He’s not a muscle-bound guy, but still manages to have some definition to his body. He has darkly tanned skin, black hair, and brown eyes. He typically wears some well worn combat boots, black jeans, a Metallica t-shirt, and a long black duster. Most people simply assume he’s some sort of goth, which is fine with him.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]

Diego’s parents were average. His dad was in jail for armed robbery, and his mother worked 2 jobs to try to get Diego and his 2 sisters through life. At times, life was rough. Diego began shopliftiing and stealing whenever he could so that he could help feed his sisters. He didn’t get caught until he was 16. Apparently, people frown upon a 16 year old kid stealing a $300 bottle of scotch. Diego spent a year on probation, which did nothing. He continued stealing when he could, even got bold enough to start breaking into things. He never did houses. He got caught breaking into a Porsche. It was his first time and honestly had no idea what he was doing. He spent the next year in jail.

Diego was released when he was 17, almost 18 and almost immediately got caught stealing again. His own friend turned him in. Diego had pulled off a great job, breaking into a bank. He took over $250,000 (which was all he could carry) and had escaped before the police had arrived. He had learned enough to keep his head down, preventing the cameras from getting a decent look at his face. He had even managed through a bit of luck to prevent the alarm from going off immediately.

He was lucky though, he was a minor. He got sentenced to 15 years still, but was deemed worthy to be let out after only 3 years. He returned to his mom’s house. No one was there. It looked like they had left it a long time ago. Diego simply shrugged it off and went on. He needed to find some place where he could stay, but first he needed money. Diego wrapped his jacket tightly about his and moved on. [/sblock]

[sblock=Character Sheet]

Virtue: Charity
Vice: Gluttony

Attributes:
Int**
Wits***
Resolve**

Strength**
Dexterity****
Stamina**

Presence*
Manipulation**
Composure***

Skills:

Craft*
Investigations*
Medicine*
Occult*

Athletics** (specialty footchase)
Larceny**** (specialty Lockpicking)
Stealth***
Weaponary**

Persuasion*
Streetwise*** (specialty Black-market)
Subterfuge***

Merits:
Fleet of Foot **
Fighting Finesse **
Contacts***

Disciplines
Vigor
Obfuscate*
Nightmare**

Size: 5
Defense: 3
Initiative: 7
Speed: 13

Health: *******
Willpower*****

Humanity: 7
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
Is content from the Armory book available for characters?
I have no idea what's in the armory book. What do you want to use? How do you think it'll add to the story?

Jemal said:
I've got an idea I've been pondering... I was wondering if it'd be ok for my character to have been studying vampires and he sought them out, in an attempt to become one?
That is more than fine. I think it offers a relatively large number of character possibilties. Especially if joining the Damned doesn't measure up with what you thought it would be like.
If you're an academic you would know a lot about Vampires-as-humans-understand-them and occult-oddities-that-could-be-related-to-vampires/vampirism. Which can be useful very useful, but is different than being a walking encyclopedia of the modern-vampire world.
Your character would be familiar with all sorts of weird lore that most of the Damned aren't aware of (e.g. in sections of Eastern Europe legends suggest that vampires are dead werewolves who's bodies were not properly blessed).

You might, in the right situations, be able to figure out a lot more than other people, but you it wouldn't be like your character has read all the published White Wolf books and knows that (for example: The Malkavians are really a secret bloodline within the Ventrue).

Graf

Explorer
Only, WarShrike and Only,

Thanks for being so prompt. I'll make some time today to look over it and give feedback.

OnlytheStrong said:
Haven't done equipment yet. Will add it to here when I get time to do it.
Don't bother too much. You won't have access to much in the way of gear when the game starts. I.e. feel free to have stuff in your background and you'll be able to carry around small personal effects (i.e. if you've got a favorite holy bible, or a picture or something) but you won't have much of what roleplaying gamers consider "gear".

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
WarShrike said:
Found the VtR core book in PDF online, looks nice. Hopefully it will make me less of a burden. :)

***EDIT: Ignore that. For a CORE book, its lame as hell. No skill lisrts, no stat descriptions, nothing.***

***EDIT AGAIN: Hey, some of those above links net me an error 404, do i hafta be using some special browzer to see them or something?***
Yeah. The core rules are in the World of Darkness Core book. It's counter intuitive but it "helps" in the sense that each of the books don't repeat the same information.

Sorry it's a frustrating process for you. I just checked again and all of the links work for me. Are you surfing at work? Some companies have some pretty aggressive firewalls.

Graf

Explorer
OnlytheStrong said:
I hope I didn't step on any toes by answering Jemal's question. Sorry if I did.
You didn't step on my toes, certainly. You made it clear you were speaking for yourself and were polite/sensitive to the fact that your suggestions were just that.

Personally I like/enjoy group interaction during character creation.

We're all going to be playing a game together, everyone has their own expectations things they like/dislike about gaming. This is the first step in a process of getting used to playing together.
So talk it up (politely of course, but you're doing that already).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads