D&D (2024) Character Origins Playtest Poll

I have used material from the One D&D Character Origins Playtest document in a gaming session.

• True

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • False

Votes: 51 69.9%

• Poll closed .

OB1

Jedi Master
There was an actual inspiration ecosystem at work!
I was fascinated by the way the table started leaning into that ecosystem in the second session and how aware everyone was of each other's inspiration status. And so far the loss of monster crits is far outweighing the loss of non weapon crits from the PCs in their minds (even though the fights have been just as tough).

darjr

I crit!
I was fascinated by the way the table started leaning into that ecosystem in the second session and how aware everyone was of each other's inspiration status. And so far the loss of monster crits is far outweighing the loss of non weapon crits from the PCs in their minds (even though the fights have been just as tough).
I rolled six crits in that session and I didn’t miss em. I will say I think I unconsciously made the combats harder and played them more cut throat. It was kinda freeing. Like more how I feel running tier 4.

Also one time a player dropped to zero another asked “do you have inspiration?” and when he said no the table was like “oh no”.

darjr

I crit!
Oh but I must say one player did miss DM crits and made a point about saying so, as a player, he rarely DMs.

Also I got a sense that the combats could be on the verge of slogs, if the monsters had a bit more HP.

OB1

Jedi Master
I rolled six crits in that session and I didn’t miss em. I will say I think I unconsciously made the combats harder and played them more cut throat. It was kinda freeing. Like more how I feel running tier 4.
Yes! That's it exactly. I don't think I realized how often I was pulling punches for fear of a random monster crit in early tier combats before this test.

Shiroiken

Legend
I haven't playtested yet, as I feel what's been released isn't enough to properly test. I figure the next set will include classes, which should give us enough to start looking at the desired goals. I plan to run a playtest adventure for each future packet.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I haven't playtested yet, as I feel what's been released isn't enough to properly test. I figure the next set will include classes, which should give us enough to start looking at the desired goals. I plan to run a playtest adventure for each future packet.
Probably only one Class a packet, based on the schedule laid out.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Well, the Nat20/Crit/Inspiration rules can be tested on their own. Was surprised that I got an enthusiastic yes to playtest them with my group and even more so that they asked to permanently adopt them after a single session.
Do you also use the monster recharge rules? I dont see much value in it without them myself.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases