• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Sheet Contest Finalists

S

Sunseeker

I am highly unimpressed. Most of them look like 8.5x11 lined paper. I do like Brian Morgens style, it feels very creative, not sure if I like the design, but I like that someone did something really creative with it.

I think Steven Grindelands design comes in top for me. It's very easy to look at, I like the shapes to represent certain scores, and it doesn't feel like a page full of lines(page two does), but at least page 1 doesn't.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
I am highly unimpressed. Most of them look like 8.5x11 lined paper. I do like Brian Morgens style, it feels very creative, not sure if I like the design, but I like that someone did something really creative with it.

I think Steven Grindelands design comes in top for me. It's very easy to look at, I like the shapes to represent certain scores, and it doesn't feel like a page full of lines(page two does), but at least page 1 doesn't.

I entirely agree. There are elements of Brian Morgens that are inspiring. The use of icons. The splitting the front page in to five radial sections. I particularly like the wand and ammunition tracking on the second sheet. Still, on the whole, it feels too busy and not quite structured.

Steven Grindelands, though, is the cleanest. The Armor Class section is a nice centerpiece. It's definitely the one of the bunch I would use.

For what it's worth, I'm promoting you on as many social media outlets as possible: https://twitter.com/GX_Sigma/status/329664776860991491

I appreciate it. I did submit. I just didn't get in to the final ten. This doesn't mean I won't continue to refine my sheet. I'm already finding small bits of inspiration from the finalists.

Blackbrrd

First Post
I appreciate it. I did submit. I just didn't get in to the final ten. This doesn't mean I won't continue to refine my sheet. I'm already finding small bits of inspiration from the finalists.
That's weird, none of these do a good job with the skill section like you did.

I can't say I like any of the entries. What's up with the use of boxes? Sure it's practical if you're doing the sheet in excel, but as I mentioned in another thread, 5e is probably the first edition since AD&D that you can do by hand without getting annoyed when leveling up.

DMSamuel

New and Old School DM
I don't find those very inspiring either. As said above, there are elements of real inspiration in Brian Morgens' sheet, but otherwise I feel like most of those are just very boring. I could make it look as good with a sheet of paper on my own.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
I am absolutely pro-icons, if anyone remembers my monster design rambling some months back. The sheet in question is a bit messy though, but it's the most inspiring for future designs.

Quickleaf

Legend
I am absolutely pro-icons, if anyone remembers my monster design rambling some months back. The sheet in question is a bit messy though, but it's the most inspiring for future designs.
Absolutely agree. Icons or some other visual cues to quickly locate information (as well as help kids and non-native English speakers) is a good idea.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads