• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Sheet Released

Shado

Explorer
gribble said:
Maybe, similiar to SW Saga which has level or armour bonus, they've simplified the max dex bonus from 3.x and made 4e armour bonus or dex bonus?

Except for the fact that if you are a light armor wearer, you gain both an armor bonus and a stat bonus.

Jack Colby

First Post
Yikes.

I was hoping that the 4E sheet would be nicer-looking and not such a strain on the eyes compared to the 3E version. Looks like that's not the case at all, sadly. Good thing I'm very handy with making my own that are both functional and nice to look at.

gribble

Explorer
Shado said:
Except for the fact that if you are a light armor wearer, you gain both an armor bonus and a stat bonus.
That would explain the higher armour bonuses for heavy armour... need to make it so dex + light armour bonus can't easily exceed the heavy armour bonus. Otherwise there would be little point in taking the ACP and movement penalty.
:)

Stalker0

Legend
gribble said:
That would explain the higher armour bonuses for heavy armour... need to make it so dex + light armour bonus can't easily exceed the heavy armour bonus. Otherwise there would be little point in taking the ACP and movement penalty.
:)

With all of the stat bumps, it makes you wonder how many high level fighters will have heavy armor. If I can get a +4 light armor, and bump up my dex along with my strength, then I'll start having a better AC (and reflex defense) going the lower armor route.

Shado

Explorer
Jack Colby said:
Yikes.

I was hoping that the 4E sheet would be nicer-looking and not such a strain on the eyes compared to the 3E version. Looks like that's not the case at all, sadly. Good thing I'm very handy with making my own that are both functional and nice to look at.

WotC doesn't seem to understand that their stark black/white design isn't the easiest on the eyes.

The design is an improvement over the 3.X sheets, but the layout suffered.

They at least "stole" one of my ideas by using graphic elements to unify sections. (They obviously didn't steal it from me. I'm sure other have used it before, and my personal sheet have only been previewed by like... 6 people... and they're not done yet.)

nerfherder

Explorer
I wonder why they put +3 ENH bonus in the Damage workspace, but not in the Attack workspace? The Basic Attacks line for the +3 Longsword does seem to have added it in, though.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Stalker0 said:
With all of the stat bumps, it makes you wonder how many high level fighters will have heavy armor. If I can get a +4 light armor, and bump up my dex along with my strength, then I'll start having a better AC (and reflex defense) going the lower armor route.

I thought I remembered a mention about a way to keep your ability bonus in heavy armour. A class feature/feat for defenders, something that was possible at later levels. That would still only add 2 to the armor/ability modifier though. A +4 armor [about 20th level, if they scale like weapons do] would still leave 9 accounted for.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads