D&D Movie/TV Check Out The D&D Movie's Cast -- In Costume!

At San Diego Comic Con, next year's D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, is getting a preview. Additionally, there's a 'tavern experience' where visitors can interact with D&D monsters and drink 'dragon brew', and at which is also displayed images of the cast of the movie in costume! everything below comes from that tavern experience, but there is an official panel/event later today (Thursday).

rege.jpg

Photo: ComicBook.com​

Various media outlets are there and are posting previews and photos:

poster.jpeg

Last edited:

Vaalingrade

Legend
Oh man, I wish we could get a bard like Thom Merillin from WoT, though instead we are getting a slightly older Starlord.
That's a D&D bard.

Thom would be so far removed from the bard we expect that there would be a riot. And I would be in front playing 10000 Fists in the Air on a boombox.

Yes, I still have a boombox.

Mercador

Adventurer
Lol. technically the first D&D movie came first, but they were still released pretty close together.
Yeah, I was joking. Stuff around D&D aren't good generally or should I say, when D&D managers are trying to do things. Dark Alliance was an horror even before WotC decided to purchase the studio and they still did purchase the studio. I remember the old D&D movie, it wasn't good either. Not that everything is bad though, the original 2 Dark Alliances were excellent games, like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. But it wasn't TSR or WotC, it was Interplay and Bioware. The brand is too big to fail anymore but everything around it is not always really good.

Reynard

Legend
Yeah, I was joking. Stuff around D&D aren't good generally or should I say, when D&D managers are trying to do things. Dark Alliance was an horror even before WotC decided to purchase the studio and they still did purchase the studio. I remember the old D&D movie, it wasn't good either. Not that everything is bad though, the original 2 Dark Alliances were excellent games, like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. But it wasn't TSR or WotC, it was Interplay and Bioware. The brand is too big to fail anymore but everything around it is not always really good.
I love the original dark alliance games. Such good Gauntlet vibes.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I love the original dark alliance games. Such good Gauntlet vibes.
They rereleased Dark Alliance 1 just before the new DA dropped. Digital download. I was hoping part II and wishing for Champions of Norath with a new server!!!

That's a D&D bard.

Thom would be so far removed from the bard we expect that there would be a riot. And I would be in front playing 10000 Fists in the Air on a boombox.

Not even the WoT series did Thom Merrilin like in the books. Which, to be honest, was probably a good choice, as a guy in his 70s doing acrobatic flips and seducing the young ladies probably would have been all sorts of issues...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The original with the Rat Pack or the remake?
Does it change the point, either way?
That's a D&D bard.

Man I see Thom’s all the time, but pretty much never a foppish lutier that seduces everything. Like…even back in high school, my half-elf bard was a sword fighter with dreams of knighthood who would wax philosophical about the importance of stories and music to the pursuit of both happiness and meaning in life.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases