• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Area Gamers Wanted

AlexanderDeath

First Post
Okay Folks - here it is

Saturday the 9th @ 1:30 (Dont worry about being prompt)

Location: Cafe Origin 5062 N Lincoln Ave Chicago [773] 271-1209

What ya might bring? Character Concepts, Past Experiances with Games, blah blah. I am actually going to double that day as a character creation day for my other 2-3 players who I have (tentativly) confirmed for game.

Note to Astro: My offer still stands about doing some 1-off low level games to get you in the know for D20, same goes mostly with anyone, I dont mind being a teacher.

Enforcer

Explorer
AlexanderDeath said:
Saturday the 9th @ 1:30 (Dont worry about being prompt)

Location: Cafe Origin 5062 N Lincoln Ave Chicago [773] 271-1209

What ya might bring? Character Concepts, Past Experiances with Games, blah blah. I am actually going to double that day as a character creation day for my other 2-3 players who I have (tentativly) confirmed for game.

Note to Astro: My offer still stands about doing some 1-off low level games to get you in the know for D20, same goes mostly with anyone, I dont mind being a teacher.
So this is a separate meeting from the one Friday night? Or has the Friday night one been replaced with the above.

FunnyDice

First Post
There are 2 Meetings!

Good question about the meetings - lets be sure to be clear so no one misses out.

-There is one meeting on Friday evening at 8 pm for a NEW campaign.

-There is another meeting on Saturday at 1:30 pm for AlexanderDeath's Forgetten Realm campaign.

See below for the times and places, and watch the thread for any changes.

Hope to see you all this weekend!

AstroCat

Adventurer
AlexanderDeath said:
Thanks for the lesson sessions offer, I might take you up on that. Totally appreciated.

I will probably be able to come to both meetings and check them out, not 100% sure I can make both but I will try.

Overall, I don't know if I can commit to 2 games, but I at least want to check them out and meet people and we'll see. One for sure though.

I've recently been getting in to the D&D skirmish miniature game as well, so I'm starting to amass a good collection of minis, so I'll have those to offer up for whatever game(s) end up happening. :)

Kelleris

Explorer
Aargh, I lost track of this thread (my e-mail reminders are being sent to a defunct account). Would it be alright if I showed up on Friday for this coffee shop thing? A bit late to be poking my head in, I know, but I'd love to join a group that's newly forming instead of having to hope in on an established one.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
Kelleris said:
Aargh, I lost track of this thread (my e-mail reminders are being sent to a defunct account). Would it be alright if I showed up on Friday for this coffee shop thing? A bit late to be poking my head in, I know.
FunnyDice does say she hopes to see some walk-ins on Friday, so I assume it's okay for you (or anyone else) to show up tomorrow.

FunnyDice

First Post
Kelleris - Sure you're welcome Friday, but I should warn you - the only character we have left is the paladin's steed. And it's a daschund. :)

...just kidding. Please join us! The more the merrier! I'm betting you'll have no trouble picking out the group of gamers at Filter, but I'll be wearing a brown hat if that helps. Once again - we are still deciding what system we are going to play, and right now we have one offer to GM (though he'd rather be a player, so other offers would be welcome too).

see you there!
-Funny Dice

Enforcer

Explorer
As I read more of my Eberron books, I'm getting warmer to the idea of GMing. We'll see what people want to play and what their play-styles are.

Remove ads