• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is over... share the memories!

Mark CMG said:
Cool, but . . . "We're camping out in the same hotel room"? Q-Beam's still not coming, right? Who is the other part of "we" and are they joining us Friday night? (I'm good but just need to know.)
Sadly, he's not. His wife has a pretty serious surgery that she'll have to go through just two or three days before the gameday, and she'll still be in recovery. But, since Q-beam isn't coming, I asked reveal if he wanted to split his hotel room and save a few bucks. I'm still coming by myself.
MarkCMG said:
reveal - How's your schedule looking at this point?
Although he hasn't replied in this thread, I did do some back and forth PM's with him at NTL yesterday, and he confirmed more or less what I had said here earlier; he comes in early afternoon, will check in, and then meander down to the store to hang out and wait for the game to start. I think it likely that I'll be the last to arrive. I've got reveal's cell phone number though--I'll check in when I'm close.

reveal

Adventurer
Mark CMG said:
reveal - How's your schedule looking at this point?

I land at around 3pm. So depending on how long it takes the cab to get to the hotel, I'll probably end up at the store around 4.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks, reveal. Maybe under the circumstances, JD, you can grab something to eat on route (as it seems you are planning) so we could get started when you get here? Since it'll be a few hours between when reveal gets in and JD's arrival, maybe getting dinner out of the way earlier makes sense. Or, JD, any chance you might get in a little sooner, traffic permitting, or is your starting time non-adjustable? (I'm guessing if you get a slightly earlier start you could also avoid a good deal of rush hour traffic on this end, too.)

(Sorry, again, that Q-Beam can't make it. I'll keep a good thought for his wife and family.)

If I can leave earlier, I will, and I'll shoot reveal a call via cell phone so everyone knows, but I don't know. I'm already skipping out of three hours of work as it is, and I'm not sure how much more I can push it. Not that Friday afternoon is very heavy work, or anything.

My plan was to pick up some drive-thru Taco Bell or something like that in Grand Rapids, so I'll essentially just be driving straight through. I think the drive is technically only 4-4.5 hours, but it's the Friday evening traffic that I won't know how to predict, and which may slow me up. Plus the fact that I'll be pulling into the Chicago area right around 5 or 5:30.

Still, if I can pull my departure time up to around lunchtime, then I can get there nice and early. Can't promise that yet, though.

reveal

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
If I can leave earlier, I will, and I'll shoot reveal a call via cell phone so everyone knows, but I don't know. I'm already skipping out of three hours of work as it is, and I'm not sure how much more I can push it. Not that Friday afternoon is very heavy work, or anything.

My plan was to pick up some drive-thru Taco Bell or something like that in Grand Rapids, so I'll essentially just be driving straight through. I think the drive is technically only 4-4.5 hours, but it's the Friday evening traffic that I won't know how to predict, and which may slow me up. Plus the fact that I'll be pulling into the Chicago area right around 5 or 5:30.

Still, if I can pull my departure time up to around lunchtime, then I can get there nice and early. Can't promise that yet, though.

Ever seen the Blues Brothers? I'm just sayin'. ;)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks for whatever you can do, JD. It'd be nice to have a longer Friday game and still have plenty of Z-Time before the CGd events. I hear good things, btw, about the G-Rapids Taco-B, it's got a f m o . . .

(This is Mark's doctor. I'm afraid he's got abbrevi-itis and will have to lie down for a while. He'll post more when full words are again part of his vocabulary. His Friday game is still on.)

;)

buzz

Adventurer
Wandererdown said:
I was wondering if Game 3: "The Enemy of my enemy is..." had any more spaces avalible. If so, could I join?
There are seats available. As soon as William Ronald gives the go-ahead, you're in.

buzz

Adventurer
Can I just say how cool it is to see people driving many hours and taking flights in to attend Gameday?

Booyah!

Guess I'd better work on my event...

William Ronald

Explorer
Wandererdown said:
Hi,
I was wondering if Game 3: "The Enemy of my enemy is..." had any more spaces avalible. If so, could I join?

Thanks

First, welcome to the boards, wanderdown!! It is always good to have new people sign up for a Gameday. Please check out some of the morning events, as there are good GMs running games then.

So, welcome to my game. Do you have any questions about the game that I can answer for you?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads