D&D Movie/TV Chris Pine is making $11.5 million for D&D movie

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I mean, you remember the incredibly terrible Netflix movie Bright? The one which was a weirdly racist whilst trying to be anti-racist boring version of Shadowrun? Terrible movie, right? Netflix paid $3m for that. It's in the top 10 most expensive scripts ever. Money doesn't buy good scripts. Hell, in the top 10 most expensive scripts, literally the only big hit is Basic Instinct.
Not to derail the thread, but I liked Bright. I've never played Shadowrun so, if it was supposed to be based off of Shadowrun, I had no preexisting expectations to be disappointed at not being met. Also, don't know if it was popular enough to justify the cost of the script, but I don't think it was a terrible movie.

And one of the dumbest movies ever made. If it had been longer, it would have been even more dreadful.
Well, funny how the Library of Congress, critics and award voters didn't take your opinion into account when it was given awards and considered so significant as to be included in the national film library.

Your contempt goes up to 11.
This made no sense to me, until I noticed the rating on IMDB. Any idea the story behind the out of 11 rating for the movie?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Well, funny how the Library of Congress, critics and award voters didn't take your opinion into account when it was given awards and considered so significant as to be included in the national film library.

This made no sense to me, until I noticed the rating on IMDB. Any idea the story behind the out of 11 rating for the movie?
Uh, you've seen the movie, right?

It's part of one of the biggest jokes in the movie. That they turn the volume up to 11.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
People mock the transformer movies online because it's trendy, but they didn't make Billions with a long shot to go mainstream IP for no reason, they had to have done something right beyond explosions. They were fun, heart warming movies.

The only 2 good Transformers films was the 80s cartoon one and the Bumblebee one. The rest are Idiocracy’s “butt farting on a screen” level of entertainment. Big robot go boom!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases