D&D 5E CL: Battle For Baldur's Gate Mechanics Spoiled by 401 Games!

The Dungeon Mechanic is returning with a new Dungeon Card, Undercity (the Dungeon/Brothel/Black market from Baldur's Gate!).

And dice rolling is back, the pre-release kit comes with a D20.

This isn't all the sets mechanics (there arr supposed to be some new multi-player mechanics, and a lot of folks think Partners, Adventure, Sagas, Party, Experience, and Level Up mechanics will make an appearance, it's a supplemental set so it's complexity can be higher then AFR).

So if this is a MTG thing, why is it in the D&D section tagged for 5E?
Indeed. I think litigating exactly where things should go is a lost cause, but as someone with an extensive knowledge of 5e D&D I clicked on this and understood almost nothing of what I was reading, and, in fact, only clicked because I saw a 5e thread that I could not make sense of the title of.

A general D&D tag or something like the "WotC" tag would be more appropriate.

Scribe

Legend
It shall tie-in with whatever corporate synergy demands for it to tie in with.

But if it has a BG3 tie-in someone has screwed up, because the full release of that game has been pushed back to 2023.
True, and in terms of the pushback, not surprising. I abandoned that game when it was clear they were putting a priority on non-gameplay issues.

It shall tie-in with whatever corporate synergy demands for it to tie in with.

But if it has a BG3 tie-in someone has screwed up, because the full release of that game has been pushed back to 2023.

It's definately tied to BG3, but I think mostly to parts of it that we already know about mostly, like The Mindflayer Nautiliod Fleet attacking the city, which is in cinematic trailers for the game, aka the "Battle For Baldur's Gate", but I don't think it's exclusively tied to BG3, like characters from outside the game will likely get cards too.

One thing about BG3 has been exposed, there is a Dungeon card for Undercity, which is the Brothel Dungeon of Baldur's Gate, but visiting Undercity is far from a surprise really.

Please dont let this tie in with BG3...

I think it will, but for an event that happens early on in BG3, I think they will be careful about having too many plot spoilers, like we know the Mindflayers attack BG including with Nautiliods, it's in the cinematics released, but it's from a relatively early part of the storyline, so I don't expect them to reveal the identity of the Absolute or at anything.

Cards for origin characters like Lae'zel in the art and maybe a few early, important villians will be in, a Nautiliod cards, key BG NPCs like the Dukes of Baldur's Gate, but actual plot spoilers I think will be kept to a minium.

I don't think the cards will just be stuff from BG3, but I think fameous FR character that don't appear in BG3 will also be in the set and FR Gods too, as visitors or influencers on BG.

Anyways Gith as a creature type is basically confirmed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases