• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Class that fits this alignment

HanBassSolo

Villager
1000002586.jpg

Hey

What class/subclass would you say first comes to mind for this alignment result? Being so close to Lawful Neutral/Lawful Evil, and True Neutral wasn't expected so it got me wondering.

My group is playing a campaign with alignment mattering.

Clint_L

Hero
I'm not sure how lawful and evil add up to neutral. Lawful and chaotic averaging out to neutral would make more sense.

So I would say lawful evil and go for some kind of paladin. Or maybe a warlock or cleric serving one of the Archdevils.

Last edited:

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I mean, realistically any, because alignment is so loosey-goosey it tells you almost nothing.

But if you want my recommendation? Warlock or Wizard. The former because making and keeping pacts with morally-questionable entities verges Lawful and Evil without necessarily being either. The latter because "dispassionate researcher" fits a borderline-Lawful perspective, but if beneath that allegedly dispassionate exterior there's a hunger for advancement and glory, that could be enough to flirt with the edge of Evil, especially since Wizards have a bit of a reputation for hubris.

ezo

I cast invisibility
Any class you want? I mean really, alignment has nothing to do with class, especially in 5E.

In olden games, I would classify your results as True Neutral (Lawful Evil tendencies).

So, the more imporant thing IMO would be deciding on your personality and how you want to play this alignment.

Any class could be this alignment. You have to figure out how it would work with the class you choose.

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
Any class can be any alignment.

That position on the moral spectrum suggests that your character believes to a certain extent in the value of moderation and utility. They prize outcome over method quite highly and tend to believe that the ends always justify the means. They probably value self-control as one of the highest of virtues and minding one's own business as the basis of all ethics and manners. But, in addition to those "neutral" minded ideas, they have leanings toward loyalty to a group that they favor over other groups for whatever reason, and they believe again that that group is justified in using whatever means necessary to protect and advance its own interests. They would probably feel that loyalty out of admiration for that group's ideas, but this could also be a case of simple proximity - loyalty to one's family or country where even if you think your group is misguided it's still your group. And while they still value balance, they tend to try to uphold that groups ideas whenever it doesn't conflict with their own sense of utilitarianism too strongly.

One interpretation of Dirty Harry's philosophy puts him at about this position on the alignment chart. This is also probably a decent version of James Bond's moral philosophy.

As a DM I'd consider it an interesting character concept compared to all the CN and CE leaning PC's I regularly see. Lawful is fun as a PC because that have a bit more complex emotional lives compared to someone that considers self-expression the be all end all of proper living. I'd could conceive of cool characters for this alignment positioning in almost anything but Cleric or Champion/Paladin, where I think a bit purer of a philosophical position is more interesting. Fighter, Hunter/Ranger, Rogue, Wizard, or Sorcerer all sound like a lot of fun.

Remove ads