Cleric Companion

Infiniti2000

First Post
I have the DMG and DMGII, but I am having difficulty for some strange reason creating a cleric Companion for the party. They may or may not need one, but I want to have him ready for next Saturday just in case. I need a Level 1 companion cleric, human is fine. Can someone (very briefly) help him stat him up? I have to think that someone has already done something like this for a party without any healers...

Thanks! :)

Mengu

First Post
DMG2 has a step by step as well as an example. Here is a quick halfling cleric.

Pocket Healer - Level 1 Leader
small natural humanoid, halfling

Initiative +2, Senses Perception +3
HP: 24; Bloodied 12; Healing Surges 8
AC 16 (18 vs opportunity attacks); Fort 12, Refl 14, Will 16
Saving Throws +5 vs fear
Speed 5

:bmelee: Mace (standard, at-will) * Weapon
+7 vs AC, 1d8

:branged: Crossbow (standard, at-will) * Weapon
range 15/30; +7 vs AC, 1d8+2

:ranged: Sacred Flame (standard, at-will) * Radiant
range 5; +5 vs Refl, 1d6+3 radiant damage, ally you can see chooses to gain 4 temp HP or make saving throw.

:close: Divine Glow (standard, encounter) * Radiant
close blast 3; each enemy in blast; +5 vs Refl, 1d8+3 radiant damage. Effect: Allies in blast gain +2 power bonus to attack until end of next turn.

Healing Word (minor, twice per encounter)
Ally within 5 squares may spend a healing surge.

Second Chance (immediate interrupt, encounter)
When an attack hits pocket healer, force enemy to roll the attack again. The enemy uses the second roll, even if it's lower.

Alignment: Good; Languages: Common, Elven
Skills: Acrobatics +4, Insight +8, Religion +4, Thievery +4
Str 10 (+0), Con 12 (+1), Dex 14 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 18 (+4)
Equipment: Chainmail, mace, crossbow, crossbow bolts (20), holy symbol

Gort

Explorer
To be honest, I'd just give my party (as a group) the ability to cast Healing Word twice per encounter as a minor action. Call it training, a magic item, or the favour of the gods, whatever you like. Note this is two casts of Healing Word for the entire party, not per each character.

That way you get the resilience of a party with a leader in it, without the headache of having to run a character who is only really around for how he affects the game mechanically.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Could be a hand crossbow, "or just use DM rules for monsters that they don't play fair.."

edit: teach me for only reading the first line of Dances' reply.. or great minds think alike...

Mengu

First Post
@mengu
Crossbows aren't small enough for halflings to use?
Not that it matters, 'cos "monsters cheat"

Heh, I did cheat, though the weapon size was a complete oversight. If you'll notice I don't have "load minor", that was my intentional cheat as I found the complexity unnecessary.

Remove ads