[CoC-DnD3e-FR] Dead of Winter OOC Discussion

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
bluegreenone — Yes, there are still two men (Mickul and Vadim). If you feel that Mickul should be carrying the rat thing, suggest it in character. This kind of question would actually be perfectly fine under an OOC tag in the game thread (because it falls along the lines of "what do I see?" or "how far away is that wall?"). It is a perfectly reasonable question, and whether Vadim has a reasonable answer as to why Mickul isn't helping, you'll have to find out. :) Feel free to edit your move to accomodate this if you like.

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Hi all. The next move is up! As novyet and Rorschach make their replies to the last move, I'll put up responses for them, too, as soon as I can (which might mean not until the move after this). Anyhow, I'll be posting my next move on Wednesday, so if everyone could respond by that evening, I'd greatly appreciate it. (In general, when I say that the next move is on such and such a day, I mean for everyone to try and post their moves by that evening. I apologize if that's been confusing.) As for next week (my first week of graduate school), there will not be a move on Monday night (I've other obligations), just to let you know ahead of time. As I start classes, I will try to maintain the current rate of posting, but I have a suspect that it'll slow down to about 2 moves a week. We'll see. If that's better for everyone, let me know, and we can slow it down now. At any rate, I'd like to thank all 7 of you for making this an enjoyable game for me so far. :) I hope you all are enjoying it, too. And if not, tell me, we'll figure something out.

Best,
tKL

bluegreenone

First Post
OOC, to confirm, Vadim is carrying their burnt friend and Mikul the rat, correct? Part of my confusion was back when I asked the guy's name, I meant the one that wasn't carrying their friend, figuring he would carry the rat. I think your response was from the other guy carrying the friend. That's why I thought the second one had left, because Vadim responeded.

novyet

First Post
Sorry for the delays, I've had no free time in quite a few days. We've got a major rollout trying to be pressed through so I've been working 18 hour shifts for the last 5 days and it's killing me. :(

So if I'm a little behind for awhile, that's why. Sorry! :)

Old Fezziwig

Not a problem, novyet. Hope you get a break soon (18 hours! :eek:). Thanks for letting me know.

bluegreenone — You've got it. :) Vadim has their friend, and Mickul has the rat thingy. Sorry if it was vague. I can be that way sometimes...

As for the next move, I'm posting my response tonight, and will post my next response on Saturday (if those of you who did not respond to this last post could respond before Saturday, I'd appreciate it, as I can then get you into the next move — I think that'd be drs, Argent, bluegreenone and Rorschach as of the last time I checked).

All right, I'm off to work on the next move!

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Sorry it took me so long to post. I'm suffering from new job and rebuilding my house syndrome. I can't get any decent sleep and have a ton of paperwork to read from work.

bluegreenone

First Post
One comment I'd like to make about gameplay is that occasionally I feel as if a move I make stalls. In other words, I'll state a course of action but it only partially gets carried out.

With the last move I told the other guy to carry the rat, and said that I'd accompany them and prepared to head into town. Since the men did as I asked and are carrying the rat, I would expect the next move to be us walking or arriving in town. I find it a little frustrating to not have moved yet, because I don't feel like I have much to do other than restate my previous intention to walk with them into town.

Anyway, you asked for comments on gameplay so that's one. Other than that I've been enjoying things a lot as I said before. Let me know what you think.

Remove ads