• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC-DnD3e-FR] Dead of Winter OOC Discussion

RichardFannon

First Post
No problem about the crossbow draw/load thing. Having re-read the relevant sections, I agree with you entirely. As a Larper and re-enactor drawing, loading and firing a crossbow in six seconds is pushing it unless you've practiced the manouver, so there's no problem from a realism point of view

Next post is up. Just as a matter of interest, how do you discuss male poultry, the firing of double-action pistols and the loading of crossbows on this forum without the following happening: :):):):)

Are there any other words that I should know about? Are residents of S:):):):)horpe or Cockfosters not allowed to organise games?

Edit: I see that they aren't!

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
I'd imagine the board censors would also prevent problems in having any sort of extended conversation about :):):):)ake mushrooms.

Oh well. :p

Best,
tKL

Rorschach

First Post
What side of the Tankard is the room on, i.e. could Fezzin look out the window and see everything he needs to, or is it on the front of the building, thereby making it possibly easier for him to charge out the front door?

Old Fezziwig

Oops. Really, I'll get used to not being able to point and have all of you know where I'm pointing. Er...? Seriously, the broken window is on the 2nd floor of the Tankard in the dormitory's eastern wall (to your right as you enter the room from downstairs). It's more towards the back of the building, whereas the room that you and Zichard have rented out is in the front of the 2nd floor, in a nest of smaller, private rooms. That help? Incidentally, this sort of question can certainly be asked in the game thread under an OOC flag.

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Hey all. Two things:

* I've been thinking lately, and I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to post any moves over the next few days, as I have to pack my DnD books (contrary to my Location blurb, I'm still a bit shy of being in North Carolina). I should be able to monitor the OOC thread and will do my best to answer questions there. Next move should be towards next Saturday. My apologies, but I think that's the best I can do. In the event that I can post a move, I'll try and let you know ahead of time. Earliest for the next move will be Thursday 1 August, probably very late at night.

* Also, I recently picked up Magic of Faerûn, and I'm putting it into play. Spells and other treats will start appearing, and will be available as you level. I'm currently looking over the two Books of Eldritch Might — I'll let you know what's up with them when I finish with them.

I'll talk to you all later. More than likely from south of the Mason-Dixon line. :p

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Greetings from North Carolina!

Thanks, drs! :) As you can see, I'm finally in Chapel Hill. The move's worked out fine, so far.

For everyone, next move shoul be up some time tomorrow night, so...well, so nothing, we're back in business. ;)

In other news, I received an e-mail from Richard a few days ago, and, unfortunately, he's had to back out of the game. :( For the time being, and the forseeable future, we're going to go on without an arcanist. If that's okay with everyone, great; if not, let me know. I have told Richard that he's welcome to rejoin at any time in the future.

Anyhow, hope all is well with everyone here and that your weekends are going well.

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Move is up. As soon as I hear from perivas and Rorschach, we'll have it all up. Next full move is on Monday night!

perivas: I was wondering if you could do me a favor and post your PC in the Rogues Gallery thread [link]? It's a great resource for me as I run the game. Otherwise, I'll do it myself, I just don't want to do it without your okay. :)

bluegreenone: I'll float that out to him, but he's just starting a PBeM (which I'm in), so I don't know what he'll say or what his time commitments are.

Best,
tKL :)

Remove ads