Cocktails

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeap, that looks like its all going away when you crack it.
It didn't stand a chance. Honestly it was really good because it wasn't too sweet and didn't need to bother with mixing drinks. I think my neighbor was taken aback when I kept pouring rounds of 1/3 full lowball glasses. On top of the beers we were drinking it was a pretty fun night.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It didn't stand a chance. Honestly it was really good because it wasn't too sweet and didn't need to bother with mixing drinks. I think my neighbor was taken aback when I kept pouring rounds of 1/3 full lowball glasses. On top of the beers we were drinking it was a pretty fun night.
Those are always the best ones.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don't drink alcohol, but my standard eggnog recipe uses root beer instead of the whiskey.
You are a gentleman of refined tastes.

05lOw.gif

R_J_K75

Legend
I have no idea what you’re talking about.🤷🏾‍♂️
Tom and Jerrys are a whole milk/cream based hard drink similar to egg nog AFAIK. They may be local. They used to put a big bowl of it on the bar starting with Thanksgiving and going through New Years. Theres a place down the road thats been serving them since theyve been open, which is mid to late 1800's. Schwabls on Center Rd.

Tom & Jerry​

A very old fashioned hot cocktail served in our vintage carnival glass set. Started with a lightly sweetened egg batter, with a dark rum and brandy mixture added. Then finished with hot water and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Perfect for our cold buffalo winters

Schwabls

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I bought these and for the price they are nice and don't take up too much room in the freezer as they stack. Only thing is if you don't let them freeze completely, they just form an outer shell and melt in your drink quickly but if they are fully frozen, they last quite a long time.

ICE Monster Ice Spheres
Ice spheres are too big to fit in a highball glass, but I always like to use them for my Old Fashioneds and Sazeracs. I have a nice square silicon mold for four I've been using for a couple of years that's a really good size. My girlfriend also got me a mold for eight this past Yule but they're a bit bigger and awkward to stir in a standard rocks/Old Fashioned glass.

I also recently picked up a few silicon trays to make tiny pebble sized cubes for Mai Tais, so I don't have to break ice in a lewis bag.

Remove ads