Combinations used in TWF

WSmith

First Post
Thanks for the tanto info, guys.

I am not really looking to make him Asian themed. Just a halfling who travels very light, likes to talk out of bad situations rather than fight, but if he has to can draw his two tantos and fight two fisted like a monk. Plus in a pinch, throw one of them at an approaching ally of the foe he just felled.

Kinda stinks you can't throw them, plus they are not tiny. I guess he will have to stick with the Halfling Kama's.

Kamard

First Post
I have had several characters in my games use two weapon fighting. One of them used two kamas, one used a warhammer and dagger, and a third used the tried and true rapier and basket-hilted dagger combination.

mzsylver

Explorer
Re: what I envision...

jfiz said:
When I think of a twf. character, I always seem to come back to the same image...a ranger (or maybe rogue) who is for lack of a better way to describe, from an eastern themed culture...nomadic desert and thick woodlands type. This ranger would be fairly lightly armored (best represented by leather/studded leather), and would wield 2 curvy blades, one Medium and one small. Probably the best representation in 3E would be say a scimitar and an kukri. The character would seldom use ranged weapons, but may carry a short bow for that purpose. He would probably slant his feats towards the scimitar (man what I wouldn't give for a M sized version of the falchion) but use ambidex/2wf as well.

that is almost like the OTHER character i have... she's all ninja-like and wields a wakisashi and a kukri. i almost went with scimitar for the on-hand. i remember tearing my hair out going "WHAT THE HELL LOOKS COOL WITH A KUKRI!!!" hehe.

however, as i mentioned above, two daggers always will be the coolest =)

Amrynn Moonshadow

First Post
well . . .

female human fighter / rogue (with a hodge podge of PrC's) uses an interesting combo of whip and scimitar, or whip and hand crossbow, or instead of whip a whip dagger. (she is all the feats for them, and some lasher levels)

elf male fighter / ranger / rogue uses longsword and dagger. he has a few really nice daggers, and many of them are returning, so he uses the long sword in his off hand, and throws daggers (magical fire, returning, and distance) at baddies. almost as cool looking at the female fighter / rogue with the whip and hand crossbow action.

dwarf fighter who sometimes uses a warhammer and an axe

a bunch of halfling rogues who uses two daggers

they aren't really completely bang for the buck methods. the dwarf would be better off using a shield all the time, and the elf could use something more impressive than a 1d4 weapon, but it's about the style, not the damage. otherwise we'd all be running 1/2 orc fighters with greatswords . . .

i think the sword and torch is a cool idea, but i've never had someone run a players like that in my campaign . . .

Aaron L

Hero
I have a human fighter/sorcerer who uses a longsword in his right hand and uses Improved Unarmed Strike make punches with his offhand. I have a Permenant Greater Magic Fang (+5) spell on my left hand, and a 24 strength with all my items, so I do 1d3 + 8 with the punches and can hit anything. I think it looks damn cool.

Remove ads