D&D General Companion to D&D Survivor: Gem Dragons

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Very mildly disappointing. I prefer sapphires to amethysts, in part because sapphires are actually precious stones, while amethyst is just purple quartz. But amethyst isn't a bad stone either, and some can be quite pretty.

Would've liked to see a more drawn-out conclusion, and not just because that would have meant I got to vote again.
the only thing I see with quarts is a better computer data storage method.

with sapphires I would melt them to make bullet proof glass

thus the former feels more mind and thus psionic to me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Very mildly disappointing. I prefer sapphires to amethysts, in part because sapphires are actually precious stones, while amethyst is just purple quartz. But amethyst isn't a bad stone either, and some can be quite pretty.

Would've liked to see a more drawn-out conclusion, and not just because that would have meant I got to vote again.
Amethyst is my birthstone so its onviously the most precious :)

amethyst is also (technically) naturally radioactive and supposedly grants resistance to intoxication

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Amethyst is my birthstone so its onviously the most precious :)

amethyst is also (technically) naturally radioactive and supposedly grants resistance to intoxication
Natural radioactivity is commonplace. Bananas are naturally radioactive (they emit about 0.1 microsieverts).

And my birthstone is sapphire, though I would like them regardless. Corundum is a cool mineral, and they come in every color except red because ancient humans didn't know rubies and sapphires were the same crystal.

That said, if I had my way, "gem" dragons, or rather the "Prismatic" brood, would be the natural, unfallen state of chromatic dragons. (I'd also expand both Prismatic/Chromatic and Metallic to 7 each.) All of the other dragons would then be non-crystalline materials. Jet, opal, amber, obsidian, coral, pearl, glass, etc. They wouldn't belong to any specific brood.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Natural radioactivity is commonplace. Bananas are naturally radioactive (they emit about 0.1 microsieverts).

And my birthstone is sapphire, though I would like them regardless. Corundum is a cool mineral, and they come in every color except red because ancient humans didn't know rubies and sapphires were the same crystal.

That said, if I had my way, "gem" dragons, or rather the "Prismatic" brood, would be the natural, unfallen state of chromatic dragons. (I'd also expand both Prismatic/Chromatic and Metallic to 7 each.) All of the other dragons would then be non-crystalline materials. Jet, opal, amber, obsidian, coral, pearl, glass, etc. They wouldn't belong to any specific brood.
When I was a teenager I collected small gemstones. In my collection I had found at a gem show a sapphire that had a small portion of ruby red in it. I named it, "The Corundum that Couldn't Decide."

Remove ads