D&D General Companion to D&D Survivor: Gem Dragons

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Poor @EzekielRaiden Always destined to set up the kill but not make it. But why did you have to set up the crystal for a kill? Jade should've been killed first
I simply like jade more than I like random unnamed crystals (which are usually presented as some kind of quartz-like material, typically blue or blue-white.)

The only exception to this is specifically crystal caves. I love crystal caves. The only geological feature I love more than crystal caves is floating islands.

I'm sure there's a joke to be made about crystal caves and Crystal dragons.

I simply like jade more than I like random unnamed crystals (which are usually presented as some kind of quartz-like material, typically blue or blue-white.)

The only exception to this is specifically crystal caves. I love crystal caves. The only geological feature I love more than crystal caves is floating islands.

I'm sure there's a joke to be made about crystal caves and Crystal dragons.
Which color of Jade? There are at least several colors of Jade. Green, Lavender, Red, Orange, Yellow, Brown, White, Black and Gray. ;) The rarest is Blue Jade.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Usually more fantastical ones, but yes, the calcite cave here is the closest we get to it IRL.

Basically, imagine a fairly large-sized cavern with crystals akin to those inside a geode, in many beautiful formations, some neatly aligned, some in a crystal "burst" arrangement, some descending from the ceiling, all gleaming and glittering, some lit from within by preternatural glow. A place where a beam of light seems like it could bounce forever, reflecting and refracting into myriad colors. Fragile and sharp, beautiful and magical.

A place of wonders made solid.

Which color of Jade? There are at least several colors of Jade. Green, Lavender, Red, Orange, Yellow, Brown, White, Black and Gray. The rarest is Blue Jade.
For me personally, it looks like the darker varieties of blue jade (since it is never all that dark), "imperial" green, violet, and rich red, probably in that order. Darker blue jades are very close to my favorite color (azure, halfway between cyan and blue on the color wheel; aka the color of the center of the sky on a cloudless summer day). Green is of course traditional, and the imperial in particular is quite striking, especially if it's in the middle range of translucency. The violet ones are an unusual color, not common in gemstones, so I appreciate that. And then the red is likewise striking, especially if used for carvings rather than regular stones.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Which color of Jade? There are at least several colors of Jade. Green, Lavender, Red, Orange, Yellow, Brown, White, Black and Gray. ;) The rarest is Blue Jade.
All of them?
theres no need for all dragons of a type to be exactly the same colour, so why not span the whole colour range?

All of them?
theres no need for all dragons of a type to be exactly the same colour, so why not span the whole colour range?
I think it's because most people don't know that Jade come in that many colors. When they hear about the word or read about it, they automatically assume the source is referring to Green Jade. It's the same story for other precious stones like rubies or sapphires.

Remove ads