• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Creatures

Cleon

Legend
Some reason we can have him using his Ioun Stones?

Well some of them are pretty useless to him - Ythog's already immune to hunger and asphyxiation, and tends to reflect spells before an ellipsoid stone can absorb them (or is the problem that such stones absorb spells before he can reflect them?).

Come to think of it, the gem-encrusted throne and ioun stones might suggest he favours jewels for personal treasure.

Hmm, the various bonus-granting stones are all useful to him (dusty rose prism [AC], deep red sphere [Dex], incandescent blue sphere [Wis], pale blue rhomboid [Str] pink rhomboid [Con], pink and green sphere [Cha], scarlet and blue sphere [Int], pale green prism [attack, saves, skills, ability checks], orange prism [caster level].

That's nine. That leaves the Regeneration-grantion pearly white spindle and the Alertness-granting dark blue spindle for the tenth one. The pearly white spindle's regeneration is so slow his natural healing is faster, and it doesn't heal wounds he receives when not using it, so the dark blue spindle may be more useful.

That's assuming his ioun stones are not meant for gifts/bribes.rewards,

Nookie

Explorer
ythog Nthal2 copy.jpg
Ythog-Nthlei

I was bored so i made some
Ythog-Nthlei art.

Nookie

Explorer
in the module it mentions him wearing yellow maybe a not to haster. The one kinda crappy picture of him he doesnt look to horrible just pointy teeth so i opted for slug centaur thingy.

Cleon

Legend
in the module it mentions him wearing yellow maybe a not to haster. The one kinda crappy picture of him he doesnt look to horrible just pointy teeth so i opted for slug centaur thingy.

Oh yes, I forgot about the "long yellow robe" in the original description.

Re-reading it, it says the slug body starts at Ythog-Nthlei's chest, which means any "long robes" would need to partially cover his slug lower body. That's how he appears in his Dragon #46 illustration, although it's not a great picture. The only "disturbingly eldritch" thing I see in it is it's abuse of perspective, which I suspect was not a deliberate representation of a non-Euclidean horror...

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yes, let's try to wrap this one up.

Are we happy with the tactics? And can someone remind me about the ioun stones? On a quick glance, I don't see anything about them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads