D&D 3E/3.5 Converting Homebrewed Stuff to 3.5

the Jester

Legend
So does anyone else have an enormous amount of crap to convert over? Granted, it's a smaller conversion than 2e to 3e was, but still! I have several hundred pages of feats, spells, prestige classes, races, etc that need actual conversion.

How are you handling it? All at once, a little at a time, as you need it? :eek: There's a lot for me to do!

hong

WotC's bitch
the Jester said:
So does anyone else have an enormous amount of crap to convert over? Granted, it's a smaller conversion than 2e to 3e was, but still! I have several hundred pages of feats, spells, prestige classes, races, etc that need actual conversion.

How are you handling it? All at once, a little at a time, as you need it? :eek: There's a lot for me to do!

It took me roughly two days to convert Britannia 3E to 3.5. I suppose I should rename it to Britannia 3.5E, but it's not quite as snappy.

Mind you, I didn't have hundreds of pages of feats, spells and whatnot to convert. Most of the material was background and setting information, with a small amount of rules material mixed in. That in turn was mostly house rules to fix the more notoriously broken stuff, and in fact, 3.5E meant I could remove some of these fixes.

Garmorn

Explorer
Since I am using over 12 non WoTC books, I am converting one item at a time. So far I have not had to change a single feat. Spells are going to be the hardest but even there it is on only as needed base. So far I am just listing the feats, PrC and Spells that have been looked at and approved with out change.

Kyramus

First Post
I'm not doing the mass transfer over to 3.5. I'm house ruling stuff from 3.5 into the 3rd ed campaign. I have too much stuff in 3.0 to convert everything over to 3.5.

I'll look at the conversions and see which fits better for my campaign and work with that.

the Jester

Legend
Well, I've finished my 54 pages of prestige classes and my 61 pages of spells... plus done my races doc. Not bad, I guess- it's faster going than I'd have thought; there really isn't a ton of stuff that I need to change anyhow.

Next to finish my base class stuff and move on to the feats... :rolleyes: :eek: :)

Remove ads