• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could Wolverine kill Superman?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Star Destroyer would win simply on the basis that it exists in a 3D space environment whereas Star Trek seems only capable of 2D.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! would disagree with you on that particular point.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, but he quickly realized his mistake.

I mean, we'd have to use an Ouija board or have a seance, but he's clearly one who can testify that Trek ships can move in 3 dimensions.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Since we don't really know (there are probably several 'official' answers)

The pseudoscientific gobbledygook on this is actually pretty consistent.

I'm gonna assume that a ship leaving a planet's atmosphere at FTL speeds is going to suck it off as it goes. YMMV. ;)

Dude, compared to the entire planet, the ship is tiny. A speck. A dot. You're free to decide for yourself what it does, but when the ship is about half a kilometer long, taking over half a million cubic kilometers of atmosphere with it, doesn't seem reasonable to me, especially when about half that atmosphere is on the other side of the planet (so, 10,000+ km away) at the time.

Taking a small bubble of air with it when it goes, fine. But not the whole atmosphere.

Last edited:

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
The pseudoscientific gobbledygook on this is actually pretty consistent.

Dude, compared to the entire planet, the ship is tiny. A speck. A dot. You're free to decide for yourself what it does, but when the ship is about half a kilometer long, taking over half a million cubic kilometers of atmosphere with it, doesn't seem reasonable to me, especially when about half that atmosphere is on the other side of the planet (so, 10,000+ km away) at the time.

Taking a small bubble of air with it when it goes, fine. But not the whole atmosphere.
I'll have to take your word on this. Most of what I 'know' about Trek tech I read in fanzines before second gen. :blush:

Ah, but the ship is moving Faster Than Light! I'm sure there must be some sort of formula that would allow one to figure out what would happen. But whatever it is, I'm betting it wouldn't be pretty! :eek:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Ah, but the ship is moving Faster Than Light! I'm sure there must be some sort of formula that would allow one to figure out what would happen.

Yes.... and no. You'll find no formulas for something moving faster than the speed of light in a vacuum. As far as modern physics goes, it isn't possible, so there are no formulas for it. There's no formula for FTL fluid dynamics.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I didn't think the ships were actually "moving faster than light" but rather were encased in a bubble that warped space/time around it.

Bullgrit

MarkB

Legend
I didn't think the ships were actually "moving faster than light" but rather were encased in a bubble that warped space/time around it.

Bullgrit

That's more or less the size of it. And anything outside that bubble won't be seriously disturbed by it.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Does Marvel mix much with DC? Usually no.

Could Wolverine kill Superman? No. Maybe if he started wearing kryptonate nail-polish, color choice matters here.

Then there is always time travel. For this Wolverine would need help from friends. Then go back in time of DC universe and go kill little Kal-El (or whatever he was called) before he gained all that irritating damage-resistance.

Then make sure to return to Now of Marvel universe.

Watch the fireworks as DC universe unravels in paradoxes manifesting.

Bagpuss

Legend
*Note: I'm not even mentioning the fact that Star Wars is BILLIONS of years into the future, meaning their tech should be "magical" compaired to the 25th century.

Erm "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away." Star Wars tech is ancient, compared to Star Trek tech.

Also look at the more advanced tech Star Trek, has like transporters, replicators, warp drive (which has been shown to be superior to hyperspace travel) and the like. Star Wars is old, very old, redundant tech.

But then you also need to consider the relative sizes and firepower they can bring.

USS Enterprise 1701-D (650m approx) is a tiny fraction of the size of the Executor Super Stardestroyer (19 km)

It's like attacking an aircraft carrier in a speed boat.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads