• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could Wolverine kill Superman?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
True.. he currently is a "Secret Avenger" but currently each of the avenger teams are more akin to separate departments in one company that are allowed to function autonomously, but must report in to the General Manager (Steve Rogers) at the end of each quarter.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I don't think Trek's depiction of this is consistent or comprehensive enough to tell us. Trek Starships regularly go to warp from orbit, but there are canon instances of some gravity fields making ships drop out of warp, or keep warp fields from forming.
Heck, in the Save The Whales movie they went to Warp inside Earth's atmosphere. Which I pointed out to the audience, to their annoyance, LOUDLY at the time. Stripping off the planet's atmosphere doesn't seem like a very good way to save a species to me.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
And it was deemed that the distinction between past and present was mere semantics. That came as quite a shock for me personally. ;)

There is a difference between being omnipresent ;) and repeating oneself to the point of becoming a broken record.

I'm pretty sure that Lucas gave up talking about "who shot first" and "why Yoda and Obi Wan didn't warn Luke about having incestuous relations with his twin sister" after being asked the 5th time. Same thing probably applies to with Wil Wheaton and the questions about why Wesley wasn't shoved out of an air lock or sacrificed to the Borg. So you can take this as being proactive.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm pretty sure that Lucas gave up talking about "who shot first" and "why Yoda and Obi Wan didn't warn Luke about having incestuous relations with his twin sister" after being asked the 5th time.

Lucas has stock answers to both:

1) FAN: "Who shot first?"

Lucas: "My bodyguard." *BANG!* "Nice shot Marco! Clean that up, will ya, Rory?"

2) FAN: "Why didn't Luke's mentors reveal that Leia was his sister?"

Lucas: "They were trying to sell the story and photo rights to the tabloids."

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I don't know why you think that'd happen. Going to warp in an atmosphere would be bad for the ship, but not much for the planet.
That, of course, depends on how ST warp tech actually works. Since we don't really know (there are probably several 'official' answers), I'm gonna assume that a ship leaving a planet's atmosphere at FTL speeds is going to suck it off as it goes. YMMV. ;) And, yeah, the ship better have really good shields if it wants to survive a trick like that!

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
No wonder they were annoyed, that would be considered pretty offensive behaviour in any county, surely?
True. But by that point I was rather annoyed with the movie, and that scene was the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were. But at least it was only a few words, rather than a running commentary that some 'patrons' seem determined to share with anyone around them. And not that I'd undo it either, as I was really annoyed at the flick by then.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Ash would pwn them all.

But as for the questions of the OP:

Wolverine would drink some liquid kryptonite and wipe his butt with Superman's cape after crapping all over him.

The Star Destroyer would win simply on the basis that it exists in a 3D space environment whereas Star Trek seems only capable of 2D.

And Robocop would win because he's part human, duh.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads