• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could Wolverine kill Superman?

Shayuri

First Post
I just wanted to point out the real reason Star Trek ships beat Star Wars ships.

It does come down to photon torpedoes.

In the short time they're in warp, they travel light years at high FTL speeds. They consist of antimatter warheads.

I'm pretty sure Star Wars sensors wouldn't spot the Enterprise at a parsec away or so...and I know they wouldn't detect the incoming warp torpedoes. Meaning that you're sailing along in a star destroyer, intimidating the crap out of some rebel scum...and suddenly you're engulfed by antimatter explosions and die.

It's not pretty.

I suppose if you put Vader on the ship, the Force could warn him precognitively. I dunno if he could actually stop the carnage from happening since Force warnings are notoriously short-term, and it takes ships time to plot hyperspace courses...but it'd probably give him time enough to hit the escape pods and survive.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Two things: On Superman vs Wolverine.

1. Marvel kills 1 character each quarter. Since it's unlikely DC would have Superman Job to Wolverine, Wolverine would have to die... spectacularly astonishingly especially since many are predicting that Wolverine will kill Cyclops (or Iceman) :eek::lol::D in the upcoming Schizm X event. Unfortunately, Wolverine's death will likely be dismemberment since Marvel as a fetish for seeing people have their heads, arms, or bodies ripped in half* so being thrown into the Sun or heat ray to ashes is out of question.

2. X-Men related comics love hanging lampshades on the issue of death.
49175d1310193249-could-wolverine-kill-superman-alphaflight001.jpg

* It should be pointed out that people really seem to thing gun shot deaths are lame in the MU. Heads being smashed in seems rare in the MU especially within the 616 timeline.

Attachments

• alphaflight001.jpg
    alphaflight001.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Think of them as zen koans. The redshirts from Star Trek are nearly always killed. The stormtroopers from Star Wars nearly always miss. It's the impotent force vs the unstable object.

RS: "Why am I still alive with all those guys shooting at me? Those guys *urk*"

ST: "Hey, look at that, they die ONLY when we fire at least 17" away from them! Aim high!"

RS#2: "Set phasers on kill!"

ST: "Holy $H1+!!! They just erased Fritz out of existence! Those dirty, stinkin' Trekkies shot Fritz!!!"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I see one scenario in which Logan takes down Kal-El: he contracts lycanthropy and becomes a Werewolverine. The magic of the curse, coupled with the adamantium claws means he's got a chance.

Of course, if Supes realizes its a fight to the death in time, he'll reduce Wovie to ashes with his heat vision. (Alas, I don't know if that would "stick", since I've been away from comics long enough to not know how powerful the fuzzball of fury's regeneration is these days. Supes might have to drop an urn full of Logan's ashes- and bones- into the Sun or something.)

Why are you giving Wolverine free extra powers?

OK, Cadmus Labs develops anti-regeneration serum and gives it Superman. Superman rips Wolverine in half, and he doesn't regenerate.

This is silly.

My point is.....

The end results would be based on which company produces the book. What I wrote is a rough draft of how the battle would work out.

In their own seperate titles Superman is a god. So long as there is a yellow sun Superman can not be defeated. Wolverine has regenerated from bare bones within 4 minutes (aftermath of Civil War vs. Nuke) thus he can never be "killed". So how do you write a story about this battle that is entertaining and reasonable (for comicbooks).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I declare a new paradox Luca's Cantina.

You place a bounty hunter and a smuggler within it small private (8ft x 8ft) alcove within the cantina and you arm them both with a blaster pistol that contains one shot. You tell them to settle their business and you pull the curtain close.

After hearing two gunshots you must open the curtain to reveal who shot first, and which of the two is alive (if any). Until you pull the curtain open both the smuggler and the bounty hunter are simultaneously alive and dead and both and both simultaneously shot first.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
In their own seperate titles Superman is a god. So long as there is a yellow sun Superman can not be defeated.

My (admittedly possibly flawed and definitely incomplete) understanding is that Superman's invulnerability has limits. If you can keep up enough pressure on him, or catch him when he's exhausted, he'll eventually go down. That's just going to be a lot harder for someone to do who isn't on the same power level as he is.

This also is subject to the "Whose Comic is it?" codicil, as well as the big huge variable of "What does the writer want to do?"

Brad

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads