• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could Wolverine kill Superman?

MarkB

Legend
Who would win in a fight: Robocop or Terminator?

Dark Horse Comics did a Robocop / Terminator crossover about 15-20 years ago. As I recall, he won the first round with the assistance of some ED-209s, got trashed in the second by a robot dog, but ended up saving the day when he was re-activated in the future.

Squire James

First Post
Superman vs. Wolverine: I imagine Superman could break Wolverine's bones, but he probably wouldn't. Both would survive long enough for them to put their heads together and eventually go after whoever set up the fight. You know, how 99% of all hero vs. hero fights go!

Enterprise vs. Star Destroyer: The video defines the gist of it... it's really the Enterprise vs. Darth Vader. In this case, it depends on if Vader can really "force choke" entire bridge crews at the same time. He never did this to more than one guy at a time in the movies, and there was no indication he could even do it twice in a short time span (note he never seemed powerful enough to do lightning).

Robocop vs. Terminator: The Terminator seems to have far too much regenerative power to lose here. I don't see anything in Robocop that was more powerful than the stuff the Terminator was taking from various people in his own films.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Semantics.

If you were to be magically teliported to any civilized planet in the Star Wars galaxy that is controlled by the Rebel Alliance/Republic/Empire and looked past the anachronistic elements there is no way in hell you would think "I'm in the totally in the thousands/millions/billions of years in past."

Placing the series in the past and in an other galaxy is a plot device to differentiate it from Star Trek which has people from earth and 300 years into the future.

I'm not sure I'm capable of debating with someone who vehemently defends "a long time ago" as meaning "billions of years in the future"!

I think we're just in different worlds. I don't know where the "billions" came from, and I'm scared to ask! :)

I don't think the prhase was used to "differentiate it from Star Trek", though.

Dyir

First Post
Superman vs. Wolverine: I imagine Superman could break Wolverine's bones, but he probably wouldn't. Both would survive long enough for them to put their heads together and eventually go after whoever set up the fight. You know, how 99% of all hero vs. hero fights go!
Heh, so very true! I think that's kind of why questions like "which superhero would win in a fight" is so contentious: almost all of them follow a structure were Hero A wins a round against Hero B, but then Hero B wins a round against Hero A, and by this time they figure out what's really going on and gang up against Villains C & D. It doesn't matter what power level each hero is supposedly at, or how nonsensical a fight between them would be, it's just how these things go down.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm using Billions as an exaggerated figurative number representing the concept that if we were not explicitly told by Lucas that Star Wars took place "A long time ago", to differentiate it's setting from many sci-fi settings (including Star Trek), one can assume it took place in far in the future since the series always alludes to events that happened thousands of years in the past without using a specific calender that is tied to a earth's calender (albeit loosely as in the case of Star Trek).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, upon consideration, once upon a time Magneto ripped the adamantium off of Wolverine's bones. Now Mags is definitely a top-tier super-villain, but I'm not sure I'd put his ability to produce the force necessary to accomplish that feat beyond what Superman could theoretically produce.

Magneto is one of those characters with powers that have gotten absurdly amplified over time - much like Superman. Be that as it may, Magneto's trick there isn't so much about force, but about surgical precision.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't think the prhase was used to "differentiate it from Star Trek", though.

I have to agree with Morrus here. Star Wars has sci-fi trappings, but really, it is fantasy - specifically a fable, myth, or legend, something that happens "a long time ago, in a land far away". He wasn't differentiating from Trek, he was likening to standard fantasy.

As always.... when company is producing the book?

Wolvie wins-
Wolverine has been ordered to kill a powerful alien that is believed to be a threat to both Canada and the world in general. Department H sends him out. Supes has a quick encounter. He is amazed that the claws scratch him but do little more than that. Wolvie is beyond amazed and goes into a beserker rage which results in his being burned alive by heat vision. Supes leaves thinking that is done and wondering whom put metal into a man like this. next day, fully healed, scent memorized, Wolvie hunts him down as Clark Kent. Attacks him. Secret ID revealed as the attack fails to harm him beyond his ID being revealed. Once more Wolvie is forced to rely on his healing to recover from serioes injury. Department H takes a month or two off to study this hardy alien and learns a few things. Magic and Kryptonite. They imbed the radiative rock into wolverine whom attacks him once more. It becomes a contest of healing factor vs limited sun healing as the claws rip and tear into Superman. The world is appauled by the battle. In a heroic moment, Superman saves the pesky reporter Lois Lane by takes a shot in the chest and "dies".
After a months of several "new" superman titles come out, he returns and the hunter becomes the hunted.

Superman wins-
Supes won't kill. many battles like above but always where wolvie returns. Then Doomsday enters and well... Wolvie leaves as much of himself on the floor as on his bones. Eventually his healing factor is over taxed and even with Superman trying to save him he dies.

If this doesn't work, think of the craziness of Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Batman or Lobo being involved. :eek:

Orius

Legend
To reduce the question to a more pure form - can Superman put his fist through (or otherwise break) Captain America's shield?

Interesting question, but I don't see it happening, particularly if we're dealing with Golden or Silver Age versions of the characters. Captain America is the ultimate patriotic American superhero. Superman fights for truth, justice, and the American way. For all intents and purposes, they're on the same side. The only way I can see this happening is if the two of them were on some kind of crazy bender and Supe punched the shield on a dare. But if this is happening under the heavy hand of the Comics Code, this would never ever happen. :lol:

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They imbed the radiative rock into wolverine whom attacks him once more.

Why are you giving Wolverine free extra powers?

OK, Cadmus Labs develops anti-regeneration serum and gives it Superman. Superman rips Wolverine in half, and he doesn't regenerate.

This is silly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads