• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could Wolverine kill Superman?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So the answer to the question is that Wolverine can't kill Superman without giving him arbitrary new abilities or help from outside; and Superman probably can't kill Wolverine but can easily neutralise him permanently.

Of course, both can benefit from scientists giving Wolverine kryptonite claws or Superman adamantium-melting heat vision, but then we're just making stuff up and we can do that ad infinitum.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't think the ships were actually "moving faster than light" but rather were encased in a bubble that warped space/time around it.

And then the bubble moves faster than light. I mean, if you're trying to get from one star to another in reasonable time, eventually *something* has to go faster than light.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think the technobabble of warp drive is that it isn't so much allowing FTL, but rather creating a shortcut through space-time through which something moving very, very fast (but still slower than light) can travel. You know, the whole "folding space" thing.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I think the technobabble of warp drive is that it isn't so much allowing FTL, but rather creating a shortcut through space-time through which something moving very, very fast (but still slower than light) can travel. You know, the whole "folding space" thing.
When talking about Star Trek it quite specifically says it's moving faster than light. The bubble takes the ship to a 'subspace' where the laws of physics are different and FTL isn't impossible.

The folding space thing was used in Dune.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Not quite.

In Trecknobabble, the ship gets wrapped in a "warp field", and then successive layers of field are layered on top. The outer layers are tightened, and the bubble with the sip inside squirts forward, rather like a wet bar of soap from a fist.

The ship doesn't actually shift into subspace - it stays in normal space, but the warp bubble allows it to break the normal laws hereabouts.

It doesn't help people when you omit important information. Who is in command of the ship? Is the battle lop-sided? Did Superman let Wolverine win?

You can get some kind of guess on the victory yet without more data by the original poster. It's close to hearsay.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads